Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I am keeping my doctor up to date on my conditions and also forwarding more truthful findings concerning T2DM literatures.

So far I'm in a good state loosing weight but glucose high - naturally. I mean my liver as it gets those excessive fats burn off, it's original functioning restoring to normal capability.

I'm on lunch fasting. Low carbs diet. So my body must use my fats reserves to meet the daily demands for fuel. At the same time ketones made and it's a better fuel compared to glucose.

So, I'm good for another 25 to 30kg of fat reserves to burn. So far I am able to burn off about 10kg in 1 month. So hopefully within another 2 and half months time before I reached my ideal far better weight of 70 to 75kg.

So in a nutshell your doctor has not approved on your decision to stop taking insulin, yet you feel it is ok to run your blood glucose levels at high levels ?

skph

Type of diabetes
Type 2
you are doing well then I find diets hard as I dont like meat

I got a long way to go. My liver needs a total maintenance. Get it back in tip top condition.

Hopefully by then my glucose level will return to its intended range. Right now with low carb intake it's still spiking above 10mmol/l.

skph

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So in a nutshell your doctor has not approved on your decision to stop taking insulin, yet you feel it is ok to run your blood glucose levels at high levels ?[/Quote

He is not against it, if that's your point.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track. For 30 years my meds did nothing to restore my health. Nor show me alternative that might show me hope.

Gork

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am not familiar with the numbering system used here but what I can glean from the discussion is that meds brought your blood sugar reading low and you were feeling was the effects of that. I would get that if I used too much insulin.

Ideally, one would have recognized the symptoms of low sugar but you seemed to have slept through that and woke up dangerously low. It usually wakes me long before that so I have never had a serious problem.

For me, the time to recover from low reading (approx 65) is about 1/2 hour after consuming something high in sugar, typically usually an apple. Unfortunately, the time for the apple to take effect leaves me still with that panic feeling and I tend to continue eating until the system rebuilds it self, usually, more than what I needed. As noted in another message, after that is when I change clothes and remake the bed.

This is the first I have heard of a "hypo stopper". I guess I should look into that.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
my bloods were 3.1 this morning and had most of the hypo symptoms now 8 hours later I still feel absolutely lousy with all the same symptoms though my levels have risen somewhat but still only 4.9 and I am usually far higher than that. Any suggestions would be helpful, also an indication of when I can expect to feel better as is really difficult working as my eyes are not focusing and my brain is unable to handle emails
I am one of those fortunate ones who have a precursor before going hypo. I eat a couple of squares of high sugar chocolate then sit for 10 minutes after which all is well.

Reactions: Sani Thomas

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Two hours after eating bloods shot up to 10.8 so took the second gliclazide seeing as I omitted it . I have a diabetes review in less than two weeks so if not back to normal by then will talk to them
I would not wait two weeks. I would see my GP ASAP. Your not doing to good st the mo. You need his help. That’s what he is there got.

Reactions: Sani Thomas

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am one of those fortunate ones who have a precursor before going hypo. I eat a couple of squares of high sugar chocolate then sit for 10 minutes after which all is well.

Why are you having hypos?
Are you on insulin or on meds such as Glicizide?

lindisfel

Expert
You seem to infer that my statement means I go hypo on a regular basis. That is in correct. The precursors I experience happen when my BSL is getting low.
Why don't you just get a grip on the whole situation by going low carb high good fats? Otherwise you'll just be fiddle fluffing around and keep having hypos and hypers and damaging your body.
When your average BG comes down you'll probably be able to cut meds down!
Just bite the bullet.
:) D.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You seem to infer that my statement means I go hypo on a regular basis. That is in correct. The precursors I experience happen when my BSL is getting low.

You are experiencing episodes of symptoms which are a constant.
The only way to prevent is to methodically keep your BG in or around normal levels.
The symptoms will ease.
T2s only go hypo when on insulin or meds, as a guide, so the question was valid wether you are actually going hypo or having symptoms from false hypos or from the hypers.

Davie_sett

Type of diabetes
Type 1
for me personaly a normal hypo in about 30 mins i would feels better then the blood sugar would most likely start to go a little high
i wouldn't really feel that bad normally a 3.1 or so depending if its rising or falling when it goes into the 1s then when it really gets bad especially when im asleep iv had some pretty bad experiences

lindisfel

Expert
Problem is Davie, you know how much insulin your putting in your body, most T2Ds have no idea how much endogenous insulin their producing! They may as well put a wet finger in the air!:)
That's why low carb good fats stops R.H.
in T2D.

I think Lamont, RH is still hyperinsulinemia and diabetes with or without the qualifying Hba1c of 48!
Re Virta health interview with kick boxer presenter.
ATB
Derek

for me personaly a normal hypo in about 30 mins i would feels better then the blood sugar would most likely start to go a little high
i wouldn't really feel that bad normally a 3.1 or so depending if its rising or falling when it goes into the 1s then when it really gets bad especially when im asleep iv had some pretty bad experiences

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Problem is Davie, you know how much insulin your putting in your body, most T2Ds have no idea how much endogenous insulin their producing! They may as well put a wet finger in the air!:)
That's why low carb good fats stops R.H.
in T2D.

I think Lamont, RH is still hyperinsulinemia and diabetes with or without the qualifying Hba1c of 48!
Re Virta health interview with kick boxer presenter.
ATB
Derek

Hi, Derek.
Hyperinsulinaemia can be diagnosed for someone with RH!
I believe you are aware that if someone who has RH, and has not got good control and doesn't have dietary treatment to make sure that you don't trigger the hyper.
The likelihood of high insulin levels due to the overshoot of insulin every time you have carbs, also high circulating insulin, which eventually turns into visceral fat in your organs, most likely has growing insulin resistance as a result of this imbalance.
It's a viscous circle of fluctuations in blood glucose levels.

My last Hba1c was 37, and no, my hyperinsulinaemia has departed due to losing six stone and being in ketosis.
And I agree, low carb (very) good fats is good advice!

Best wishes mate.

Hope to find you ok?

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Lamont,
It's good your hba1c is way out the diabetic range.
No I don't have hyperinsulinemia but if I had carbs my pancreas would over react and produce too much insulin and I would hypo.

For some reason our pancreas's over react to carb and decide I am not putting up with this guy abusing me with carbs anymore and wind up the output in anticipation.

Isn't it great not having hypos anymore!
ATB
Derek

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Lamont,
It's good your hba1c is way out the diabetic range.
No I don't have hyperinsulinemia but if I had carbs my pancreas would over react and produce too much insulin and I would hypo.

For some reason our pancreas's over react to carb and decide I am not putting up with this guy abusing me with carbs anymore and wind up the output in anticipation.

Isn't it great not having hypos anymore!
ATB
Derek
You could drag the science out of my brain, but it's not as important as having no hypos.
As long as us weirdos are fit and healthy, what the hell!

Long live low carb!

Best wishes mate.