Type 2 Itv Programme Last Night Reversing Diabetes

red1mot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Anyone wAtch this I have always been told once your pancreas stops producing insulin that it can't be reversed but prepared to give it a try anyone know what liquid drinks they were given manufacturer type etc

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone wAtch this I have always been told once your pancreas stops producing insulin that it can't be reversed but prepared to give it a try anyone know what liquid drinks they were given manufacturer type etc

Have you done any test to confirm that your pancreas stopped producing insulin?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Must be if you have diAbetes if it was still producing I would not have diabetes it must not be producing enough insulin

Absolutely NOT true! The majority of Type 2 diabetics have over-produced insulin (hyperinsulinaemia) for a long time, which leads to insulin resistance and fatty livers. Eventually, even decades later, it leads to high glucose and a diabetes diagnosis.

In a small number of T2 diabetics the pancreas is packing up sufficient to produce very little insulin, in which case injected insulin is usually necessary.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Must be if you have diAbetes if it was still producing I would not have diabetes it must not be producing enough insulin

Actually this is where the decades of misinformation and misdirection begins...the surprising reality for obesity related T2D could not be further from the truth...we constantly live with too much insulin in our system. That is why we have difficulty burning off our fats.

Because we have severe insulin resistance, we do not produce enough insulin to overcome the insulin resistance needed to clear the glucose from our system even when we may be producing 2-3x the normal amount...this results in accelerated and eventual beta cells loss...

Increasingly we are beginning to realize that reducing our daily insulin load will help to maximize and preserve our remaining beta cells.

So we have the options of very low calorie diet, low carbs high fats diet, low carbs diet, plant based diet, various types of fasting and high intensity exercise. All these helps to lower insulin/glucose load to reduce/eliminate our need for medication.

Reactions: Prem51

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
The program was called "Diabetes fast fix club" or something like that. It was reported on in the Sun newspaper. Here's a link
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/6524301/liquid-diet-to-reverse-type-2-diabetes/

The guinea pigs were all people at risk of or actually were in early stages of type 2 diabetes. The program made the point of saying that your Pancreas produces a set amount of insulin but if a person is overweight that insulin is diluted in the excess fat, ergo loosing weight (and thereby reducing your fat levels) means the insulin isn't as diluted and is therefore more effective at combating the sugar.

Reactions: Serena51 and Prem51

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The program was called "Diabetes fast fix club" or something like that. It was reported on in the Sun newspaper. Here's a link
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/6524301/liquid-diet-to-reverse-type-2-diabetes/

The guinea pigs were all people at risk of or actually were in early stages of type 2 diabetes. The program made the point of saying that your Pancreas produces a set amount of insulin but if a person is overweight that insulin is diluted in the excess fat, ergo loosing weight (and thereby reducing your fat levels) means the insulin isn't as diluted and is therefore more effective at combating the sugar.
Total nonsense. The pancreas responds to blood glucose levels which are directly linked to the amount of carbohydrate in the diet. It doesn't produce a set amount, quite the opposite.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And just to be a bit clearer...

We are typically diagnosed as T2D when we are no longer able to clear 75g of glucose within 2 hours...no matter how much insulin we may be producing...

For illustration, a normal person may produce 1 unit of insulin to clear 75g of glucose within 2 hours...but those of us with T2D may still be producing 3 units of insulin but are unable to clear the 75g of glucose within 2 hours. We may need 4 or 6 hours...

Knowing this means we would place less burden on our beta cells if each meal has only 30g or less glucose...

That is the broad idea...of why carbs restriction has been highly effective in normalizing our HbA1c and helps with weightloss.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
he program made the point of saying that your Pancreas produces a set amount of insulin but if a person is overweight that insulin is diluted in the excess fat,

Dr Joseph Kraft's insulin response graphs (OGTT with insulin assay) clearly shows why this idea is wrong...
Kraft-Curves-Cummins.png

red1mot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Maybe I am thick what's the difference between sugar and glucose I went on a Desmond course where they made the comment re the pancreas the example given pancreas is like a factory producing insulin once they leave the factory they never go back !!

red1mot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Been in touch with exante the offer a taster pack 2 weeks all powdered stuff I think anyone tried this