Sharing inspirational photos after LCHF anyone?

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
There are so many inspirational pics and storys on here and it certainly helped me over the last 7 months heres mine hope it as the same effect as the other in motivating somebody
20180621_195029.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
There are so many inspirational pics and storys on here and it certainly helped me over the last 7 months heres mine hope it as the same effect as the other in motivating somebodyView attachment 27257
Wow you look absolutely amazing. You look like A different man and so much younger too. Well done bet you feel so much better and energetic too. Well done on sharing and inspiring others.

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love this thread! Thank you @david0779 for adding your before and after shots to the gallery.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW! in 7 months! You have worked hard and it has paid off. You look brilliant. Well done. Thanks for sharing. Very inspirational.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wowser! Well done!
Thanks @Guzzler! I forgot to put about the other 'success' that has happened after changing to low carb - my chronic hayfever which I usually suffer from very badly each June - and have done so for nearly 30 years - is MUCH better this year, not gone, but much improved. I'm pretty sure it's due to me cutting out wheat.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
QUOTE="eggs11, post: 1818221, member: 468168"]Thanks @Guzzler! I forgot to put about the other 'success' that has happened after changing to low carb - my chronic hayfever which I usually suffer from very badly each June - and have done so for nearly 30 years - is MUCH better this year, not gone, but much improved. I'm pretty sure it's due to me cutting out wheat.[/QUOTE]

It's a win win!

Dajana

Well I've finally plucked up enough courage to post a couple of pics - one taken in 2017 at my heaviest and the other taken yesterday. View attachment 27268

Hi @eggs11 I hope you're well! We have a press team that we work closely with to help raise the profile of diabetes, expel myths and raise awareness - would you mind if I forward your details onto them? I think you would be an amazing case study!
If you are interested, please could you give me your email address and phone number to pass onto our team who will then be in touch.
Kind regards,
Dajana
Diabetes.co.uk

Reactions: Guzzler

Dajana

I haven't been on the forum for a while - been very busy at work - but loving this thread! Here are mine, although I have very few photos from when I was bigger as I liked to hide from the camera. No longer need to do this :)

View attachment 26529View attachment 26528

Hi @caroline_92 I hope you're well! We have a press team that we work closely with to help raise the profile of diabetes, expel myths and raise awareness - would you mind if I forward your details onto them? I think you would be an amazing case study!
If you are interested, please could you give me your email address and phone number to pass onto our team who will then be in touch.

Kind regards,
Dajana
Diabetes.co.uk

Reactions: Debandez

Dajana

Dear @Tabbyjoolz I hope you're well!
Congratulations on your success! We have a press team that we work closely with to help raise the profile of diabetes, expel myths and raise awareness - would you mind if I forward your details onto them? I think you would be an amazing case study!

Kind regards,
Dajana
Diabetes.co.uk

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've finally plucked up enough courage to post a couple of pics - one taken in 2017 at my heaviest and the other taken yesterday. View attachment 27268
Wow @eggs11 well done you I also know just hard you’ve worked at your transformation but well worth it hey? Please accept a congratulatory hug and pat on the back from me. You look amazing and so much younger. I used to believe that carrying too much weight at least made your face look younger but have to say I no longer believe this any more and the more photos I see the more evidence is that we look younger. Well done you and thank you for sharing your inspirational photos with us all on here

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow @eggs11 well done you I also know just hard you’ve worked at your transformation but well worth it hey? Please accept a congratulatory hug and pat on the back from me. You look amazing and so much younger. I used to believe that carrying too much weight at least made your face look younger but have to say I no longer believe this any more and the more photos I see the more evidence is that we look younger. Well done you and thank you for sharing your inspirational photos with us all on here
Aww thanks @shelley262 - I came across the 'before' photo the other day and was quite shocked looking at it again - I still have more weight to lose and so it was nice to see what change has already taken place. I think we can look younger not just because of weight loss but because the quality of the food eaten is so much better for our skin now.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wowzers what a difference. You look absolutely beautiful. So much younger. That's a lovely photo. And well done. You have done so well. Thanks for sharing. Very inspirational.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Aww thanks @shelley262 - I came across the 'before' photo the other day and was quite shocked looking at it again - I still have more weight to lose and so it was nice to see what change has already taken place. I think we can look younger not just because of weight loss but because the quality of the food eaten is so much better for our skin now.
Quite agree people I see who I haven’t seen for a while first of all say wow you look different you’ve lost so much weight closely followed by but you look so healthy and your skin looks amazing. Testament I think that low fat diets don’t make you look like that only thinner if you’re lucky!