Blucon , Libre, Xdrip

Saundie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
For about 2 months I have been wearing Libre plus blucon nightrider and then using xDrip. Does anyone know how to export data from Xdrip ? Also,. what is the best accuracy for calibration...ie. I only calibrate when blood sugars are not moving about but wonder if I am calibrating too much at about 2 times a day? I am very tech challenged so exporting my xDrip data has me baffled...not sure if I need to set up a place to store it or download an app? Thanks so much.

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
For about 2 months I have been wearing Libre plus blucon nightrider and then using xDrip. Does anyone know how to export data from Xdrip ? Also,. what is the best accuracy for calibration...ie. I only calibrate when blood sugars are not moving about but wonder if I am calibrating too much at about 2 times a day? I am very tech challenged so exporting my xDrip data has me baffled...not sure if I need to set up a place to store it or download an app? Thanks so much.
Hi @Saundie , I can hear from your request that you potentially are a data freak like myself!? :)
Don't know if you have ensured to have the full and latest version of xdrip, but I have certainly access to export functions in it which appear to support various data format standards like: SiDiary, CSV and also as an SQLite database file. Only using actively the CSV and SQLite myself though.
Regarding calibration, then I think you are really way too eager there, as its not like your meter or sensor gets out of drift non-stop. And for your xdrip, its all about mainly getting a starting point and then 1-2 more readings for correlation and calibrating the scale so to speak. So I tend just to do that 3 times on the day when employing a new sensor. You are right though that it should ideally be when you are in a stable period (minimal fluctuations of real bg value over 1-1.5 hours or so). And at the same time, best to calibrate with having numbers at each end of the 'normal scale' so to speak. So e.g. on that first day to employ a new sensor, confirm calibration number on your xdrip after one hour of new sensor use. Then type in calibration measure result a few hours later when you might get lower down to e.g. 4 mmol/l (72mg/ml) or if you are going highish into e.g. 9 mmol/l (162 mg/ml), so as to help the meter to be more optimal across the full normal range. Over time I tend though not to observe it going way off no matter the points that I have used originally when calibrating, so maybe it means less than we might think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Saundie

Saundie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Saundie , I can hear from your request that you potentially are a data freak like myself!? :)
Don't know if you have ensured to have the full and latest version of xdrip, but I have certainly access to export functions in it which appear to support various data format standards like: SiDiary, CSV and also as an SQLite database file. Only using actively the CSV and SQLite myself though.
Regarding calibration, then I think you are really way too eager there, as its not like your meter or sensor gets out of drift non-stop. And for your xdrip, its all about mainly getting a starting point and then 1-2 more readings for correlation and calibrating the scale so to speak. So I tend just to do that 3 times on the day when employing a new sensor. You are right though that it should ideally be when you are in a stable period (minimal fluctuations of real bg value over 1-1.5 hours or so). And at the same time, best to calibrate with having numbers at each end of the 'normal scale' so to speak. So e.g. on that first day to employ a new sensor, confirm calibration number on your xdrip after one hour of new sensor use. Then type in calibration measure result a few hours later when you might get lower down to e.g. 4 mmol/l (72mg/ml) or if you are going highish into e.g. 9 mmol/l (162 mg/ml), so as to help the meter to be more optimal across the full normal range. Over time I tend though not to observe it going way off no matter the points that I have used originally when calibrating, so maybe it means less than we might think?
Thanks so much Celsus. The thought behind calibration makes sense & I had a hunch I was previously overdoing the calibrating. Please forgive my lack of skills in the exporting area...I am a data addict but am still learning the technology aspect so I am still super stuck on how to export any information from Xdrip although I have tried & have the most updated version & tried pressing the area for export to CV etc. It does not go anywhere so maybe I am missing a step like I wonder if I have to set up a file to receive the info as it does not appear in my SD files at all. Any suggestions that anyone has on the data export are super appreciated. Many thanks.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just guessing, but have you looked in Download folder? Filename probably built around date & time.

Reactions: Saundie

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Any suggestions that anyone has on the data export are super appreciated.

Hi, Saundie, I'm pretty clueless about phones and haven't needed to export data for any reason, but if I use the Export CSV button on the right hand menu, and then rake around, on an LG phone, I go into File Manager, then All files, then Internal Storage, then there's a folder tucked away at the bottom called xdrip, and inside that there's a zip file called exportCSV(date).zip as per screenshot below.

I've never tried transferring it to a computer to look inside, but I'm guessing the csv file is tucked away inside that zip file.

Naming of the file path will likely be different depending on your phone.

Screenshot_2018-06-22-18-41-43.png

Edit to add: yup, didn't realise my phone could unzip zips, but after a bit of random button pressing, the csv file is in the zip.

Last edited:
Reactions: therower

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi
I don't know if you can use Google drive to save any kind of files

Saundie R

Hi, Saundie, I'm pretty clueless about phones and haven't needed to export data for any reason, but if I use the Export CSV button on the right hand menu, and then rake around, on an LG phone, I go into File Manager, then All files, then Internal Storage, then there's a folder tucked away at the bottom called xdrip, and inside that there's a zip file called exportCSV(date).zip as per screenshot below.

I've never tried transferring it to a computer to look inside, but I'm guessing the csv file is tucked away inside that zip file.

Naming of the file path will likely be different depending on your phone.

View attachment 27272

Edit to add: yup, didn't realise my phone could unzip zips, but after a bit of random button pressing, the csv file is in the zip.

Saundie R

Thanks so very much Scott C. This is great & worked & I am very grateful for all the help. When I first received my Blucon I followed the set up with xDrip you had posted in a previous thread & your thread was so incredibly well articulated that it made set up a breeze. Warmest thanks.