Low Carb, Low Calorie Diet And Bg Update...

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am now 10 days in on low carb, low calorie diet. 7 days without insulin.. no lantus and no Fiasp.
I feel like I did 12 months ago.. I did a 10k run in an hour, no stops no refuelling, no hypo.. cruised around 4.5
Tonight I thought I would have a food experiment. I had a higgldy pie and 300g mash potato, about 100g carbs! This was the result:
IMG_1529524327.718121.jpg

Confirmed on blood too.
Quick check of the last 7 days average:
IMG_1529524394.062579.jpg

Just waiting for my c-peptide and antibody test to see what’s happening.

A month ago I was here:
IMG_7178.jpg

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey @h4k I'm not T1 or on insulin, but this looks pretty impressive and with your level of activity even more so! Are you going low cal to lose weight or just to trim back even further on the low carb? Doc aware of your experiment?? Have you been booked for the tests? I'm wondering if you are thinking that you aren't T1?? Hope you do well with no untoward effects of such a drastic change.....Blessings/L

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@h4kr that's a very interesting response. How about your ketone levels and how long have you been diagnosed?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Yes, you've got to wonder about the diagnosis of T1 rather than T2....

Reactions: Fairygodmother

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When fasting my ketones went to 1.8, am checking morning and night and am sitting around 0.3-0.6.
DSN knows about this and has ordered the blood tests for me, am 6 months diagnosed and she doesn’t think this is honeymooning.
The idea was to shed a few kg before my holiday.. nothing major, but wanted to see how low carb affected my sugars too.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting! You won't hypo exercising without insulin on board and I wonder whether it's the effect of exercise that brought your BG level down after the potato.

Why did they think you were T1 to start with?

I've had the odd honeymoon week where I could have run without insulin but sadly it was a blip rather than a misdiagnosis. C-peptide shows my pancreas rolls up to the party after about 90 mins, flutters a bit of insulin around and then goes back to bed. Antibody tests were strongly positive. Be v interested to see what yours come back with.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When fasting my ketones went to 1.8, am checking morning and night and am sitting around 0.3-0.6.
DSN knows about this and has ordered the blood tests for me, am 6 months diagnosed and she doesn’t think this is honeymooning.
The idea was to shed a few kg before my holiday.. nothing major, but wanted to see how low carb affected my sugars too.

Your ketones and glucose levels all checks out well.

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Still waiting for my tests.. but a week and a half in with no insulin and low carb very low calorie diet is this...
IMG_1529796454.545373.jpg
IMG_1529796476.731406.jpg