My Low Carb Story

Phill 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone for you kind words, weighed my self this morning 12 stone 12 pounds haven't been that weight for 40 years, at my heaviest I was 17 stone but that was a few years ago low carb so far has been good for me but it isent easy I loved carbs we are a carb world, but try and forget about calories and concentrate on carb in take you won't regret it

Reactions: Prem51

Fantail

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's amazing phill congrats

I now want to try and cut out carbs.. I'm new to this forum but I've been diabetic over 15 years.. you are one of the few I've read and inspired me to know their is hope and success in improvements.. I have never taken care of my self but always brought the best out of others. Thanks for sharing your story
That's amazing phill congrats

I now want to try and cut out carbs.. I'm new to this forum but I've been diabetic over 15 years.. you are one of the few I've read and inspired me to know their is hope and success in improvements.. I have never taken care of my self but always brought the best out of others. Thanks for sharing your story

Fantail

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh I messed that up!! I'm new at this so I do apologize. I will try again.
How encouraging to read your posts Phill2 and Del253. Just what I needed to read. I have also been T2 for a long time - 14 years. I have been on the LCHF woe for 24 days. I have lost 6 kg and my bs are at last coming down a little. My GP increased my med 4 fold 4 weeks ago and told me it was too late to try and regain control with diet etc., so I have doubled my meds just in case and started this new way of eating. Here's hoping for better and better results.☺

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
How encouraging to read your posts Phill2 and Del253. Just what I needed to read. I have also been T2 for a long time - 14 years. I have been on the LCHF woe for 24 days. I have lost 6 kg and my bs are at last coming down a little. My GP increased my med 4 fold 4 weeks ago and told me it was too late to try and regain control with diet etc., so I have doubled my meds just in case and started this new way of eating. Here's hoping for better and better results.☺
Go for it. You have nothing to lose!

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Do be mindful of the high risk of low glucose, hypoglcemic events when you decide to reduce carbs and increase your medication.

Fantail

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Go for it. You have nothing to lose!
Thank you for that. I am feeling so much better on this woe. Lost the bloated tummy and for today my b.s. were in the non diabetic range post prandial-yes!! Onward and upward.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Fantail great that your starting to get things sorted with LCHF would be good to prove your Dr wrong eh! One thing I found with going very low carb was leg cramps through lack of salt, so started to have some salt water once a day until it settled down. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. :)

Fantail

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Fantail great that your starting to get things sorted with LCHF would be good to prove your Dr wrong eh! One thing I found with going very low carb was leg cramps through lack of salt, so started to have some salt water once a day until it settled down. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. :)
Hello Terrytiddy, thank you. Oh wouldn't that be wonderful - not in an arrogant way, it just might then give some hope for other people who are patients at same medical centre.
This diabetes uk site is very helpful and being able to see all the positive postings gave me hope and encouragement. I am very grateful.
A new day tomorrow.