What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't test this morning as I was too excited by my reaching 9 stone ...so I was trying on clothes I'd hidden for years!
My BMI today is now 22.3 which is incredible and very pleasing.
I think I needed a lift to my spirits and this is perfect :)
Enjoy all this lovely sunshine everyone
Great news on your weight @Mal37 well done.:happy: I never go by the BMI stuff mate. :)

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Great news on your weight @Mal37 well done.:happy: I never go by the BMI stuff mate. :)
No I didn't used to Terry but I carry my weight around the middle and am also short waisted, and I have found that it's a good indicator for that particular area. I have always had very slim hips and legs .. so can be fairly confident tht the bmi index suits my body shape :)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No I didn't used to Terry but I carry my weight around the middle and am also short waisted, and I have found that it's a good indicator for that particular area. I have always had very slim hips and legs .. so can be fairly confident tht the bmi index suits my body shape :)
I always have a good discussion with my Dr regarding BMI. I was saying how it can be the same for everyone? Does it not depend on body type? If you are an endomorph, ectomorph or mesomorph you end up with same height/weight ratio! Also what if you are heavily muscular? Great for a debate. :)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Good morning all. Blood sugars today were 4.4.

@OrsonKartt -- I did actually have a look at some of these studies and it seems as if we could have up to two glasses of wine a day and the risk is still the same as having no wine at all. Having one glass of wine of day, lowers the overall risk of dying. (Of course, men can drink a little more than women.)

Have a great day all.

Edited for wording.
Hi. , Just found your post, please excuse the delay.... ........ good news ...of course having up to 2 glasses is a bit unlike real life, that is my life any how.... usually its no wine or around 3 glasses , maybe more on celebrations.... hey ho....

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
I always have a good discussion with my Dr regarding BMI. I was saying how it can be the same for everyone? Does it not depend on body type? If you are an endomorph, ectomorph or mesomorph you end up with same height/weight ratio! Also what if you are heavily muscular? Great for a debate. :)
Yes indeed that is absolutely right ... certainly for muscular folk or even for those with say an arm or a leg missing I should imagine!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@alf_Josiah Thank goodness you are alive and fully limbed after using your gardening equipage yesterday. You had me so worried that I awoke at 4.25:angelic:
For anyone who read my earlier post about rises in resting pulse and weight, google and fitbit community have solved the problem. Alcohol raises resting pulse in many people and olives, cheese and most other things I have eaten lately are salty and water retention, after several fasts, has impacted weight. Let's hope tomorrows papers read Panama Kaned:woot::woot:
I think 6 - 1 counts as Kaned.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all.
for me yesterday was a day of celebration., my other half's birthday. A sunny Sunday breakfast out followed by the football with friends coming over, followed by BBQ , music, eating and drinking, giving rise to the lowest fasting number of 4.7 this morning.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 yesterday, 3.9 today

Since Friday the internet connection has been a bit dodgy :( BT were working down a new manhole at the top of the road into the village on Friday, perhaps that's disturbed things.

I think the slightly higher reading yesterday was because we ate our evening meal much later than usual and I was awake for a couple of hours in the middle of the night then got back to sleep and overslept. Who knows really though?
Happily my bg doesn't seem to object to the homemade LC ice-cream with berries I ate yesterday :happy:

mr gee found me an ice cream maker so I had to have a go. (1 cup double cream, 1 cup full fat greek yoghurt, 0.5 cup milk, 0.5 cup almond milk, sweetener and vanilla extract to taste),
That quantity made about a litre as a rough guess, my spreadsheet says that 1/10 of the recipe is 147 calories/3.8g carb. That's about the amount I had with a few strawbs and blueberries. I used a mix of truvia and generic sweetener, (just what was on hand ).
mr gee has requested rum and raisin next and I have a fancy to try a lemon sorbet.