Type 2 Metformin And Lansoprazole

hellofrompaul

Hi.

Quick question - just been told that I'm starting off on Metformin as my blood sugar increased somewhat at the last blood test.

I have to take it with food. I already take Lansoprazole (before food on a morning). I have read that there does not appear to be any kind of reaction between the two drugs, but I just wanted to know if anyone is taking this combo of drugs.

So my question is: "Is there any kind of interaction between Lansoprazole and Metformin that I should be aware of? Or, do I just continue to take the Lansoprazole before breakfast (as normal) and then take the Metformin with (or just after) my breakfast?"

Thanks folks!

Paul

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm on both and no ill effects after more than a year. Yep, lanzo before and Met after.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have taken both for some time and not had any problems so far.

Pedler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I, On my yearly check-up last November, was told by my Diabetes nurse, that I had got my sugar levels down below 3, as such there was no need for me to do the test with the needle for blood, but now, because my annual check-up is due, I have, on my own decision, started to check it again, I have stuck rigidly to a no sugar diet, no alcohol, soft drinks or any food with the sugar content to high, however, my readings on the test are from 12.4 down to 9.3, even if I cut out food to the minimum, I am still getting high readings, The only change from last year is Angina, for which I have to take various tablets, I ask, Are there any known tablets that affect the levels that anyone has experience of.