Type 1 Freestyle Libre Sensor Become Unstuck When Swimming

Maguedis

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m currently using Freestyle sensor and next month I’m going to the Red Sea in Egypt for one week.
How can I keep the sensor stuck in my arm while I’m swimming?
I’ve tried using “Tegaderm film” from pharmacies but it didn’t least for more than 5 minutes.
Please need you help as I want to swim everyday for one week.

Dicko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I use SkinTac and KT tape, both work really well, KT tape lasts a good 24 hrs and can easily be re-applied.

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m currently using Freestyle sensor and next month I’m going to the Red Sea in Egypt for one week.
How can I keep the sensor stuck in my arm while I’m swimming?
I’ve tried using “Tegaderm film” from pharmacies but it didn’t least for more than 5 minutes.
Please need you help as I want to swim everyday for one week.

Hi guys,
I was told that libre couldn’t be in the water for more than 30 minutes .. in fact I have given up swimming because of this.
Has anyone any experience of staying in the pool longer with the Libre?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do hard swim training twice a week for an hour at a time. (At least 80 lengths, crawl, butterfly, back and breast stroke) cover with Opsite Flexifix transparent film roll which I get from Amazon. Put a square of dressing in the middle of the square of Opsite so that it doesn’t pull the Libre out when I take it off. Having said that, I sometimes put it on to swim and leave it on the full 14 days. Which would be ideal for hols and swimming every day. It has never leaked, never come off and the Libre has not been affected at all by the swimming or indeed the tumble turns. Go forth and swim!

Reactions: rowlyc and gemma_T1

Sal87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Do hard swim training twice a week for an hour at a time. (At least 80 lengths, crawl, butterfly, back and breast stroke) cover with Opsite Flexifix transparent film roll which I get from Amazon. Put a square of dressing in the middle of the square of Opsite so that it doesn’t pull the Libre out when I take it off. Having said that, I sometimes put it on to swim and leave it on the full 14 days. Which would be ideal for hols and swimming every day. It has never leaked, never come off and the Libre has not been affected at all by the swimming or indeed the tumble turns. Go forth and swim!
This sounds good. I have a watertight adhesive cover (Leukosan) which has the problem of pulling out the sensor when I remove it -- but your post makes me wonder if it has to be removed at all until the end of the 14 days.