29 week scan and startin to get low blood sugars again!

Styles23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,
Just need some advice.
I have suffered with highs the past two weeks have upped my insulin now yesterday and today had constant low blood sugars and nothing seems to be working :(!
Is this normal being 29 weeks? I have read some horrible stories which making me worry more. I suffered with lows at the beginning then highs and my diabetic team have stated this is perfectly normal when pregnant just getting worried about the lows being this far on.

Styles23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also my predictive text is shocking meant to say 29 weeks pregnant not scan!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Yes, insulin needs lower in the last trimester. Hang on in there.

ExtremelyW0rried

Type of diabetes
Type 1
No insulin needs usually get higher in the last trimester.
Keep an eye on things. They delivered my daughter at 33 weeks based on insulin drop alone even though no issue was ever found. It concerned them enough to deliver her early.
My requirements had dropped back to my pre pregnancy doses though.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,
Just need some advice.
I have suffered with highs the past two weeks have upped my insulin now yesterday and today had constant low blood sugars and nothing seems to be working :(!
Is this normal being 29 weeks? I have read some horrible stories which making me worry more. I suffered with lows at the beginning then highs and my diabetic team have stated this is perfectly normal when pregnant just getting worried about the lows being this far on.
is this link any help: https://www.medtronic-diabetes.co.uk/pregnancy-planning/insulin-through-pregnancy

I am not type 1, but do remember that the baby has a grow spurt around 28-32 weeks.

hugs and positive vibes.

Reactions: Scarlet10

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
No insulin needs usually get higher in the last trimester.
Keep an eye on things. They delivered my daughter at 33 weeks based on insulin drop alone even though no issue was ever found. It concerned them enough to deliver her early.
My requirements had dropped back to my pre pregnancy doses though.

I was the same...the doc were quite worried about my drastic drop I delivered at 35 weeks. Insulin requirements should be the highest in the last trimester