What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

looking bright outside this morning so probably some gardening at mum's today ;) it's got to help with my general fitness and vitamin D levels :)

tried out a new petrol strimmer yesterday, one with transit wheels.
It won't start (well, it did eventually but it certainly wasn't the 'easy start' promised), and won't run without the choke being applied constantly, then of course it belches black smoke and a fine oil mist out the exhaust once it starts cutting. The user, in this case me, disappears in the black cloud and emerges coughing and filthy which sounds funny until you think about all that c*ap in your lungs :bigtears:
mr gee is muttering dire threats at it, (it did, after all, try to break his wrist with the recoil starter and almost succeeded in suffocating me). I feel a bout of 'buyer pays return carriage' coming on ;)

I'll stick to something more tranquil today ;) and may even get to add in a dog walking session. Hope your day goes well everyone.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.1 today. Long walk I think before it heats up too much.
On the subject of activity trackers, the triathletes in my family all swear by the garmin forerunner. It has gps built in for walk, run, cycle. Can be used swimming, connects to a chest strap etc. I use fitbit charge2, it works very well, but may be missing features for some sports.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. This sugar level thing is such a weird one. By that I mean I still don't understand how it works and I don't think anyone can honestly hand on heart say they completly do. So I look for clues . I woke up this morning tired, I had a rough night sleeping, I got up in the night and wandering into the kitchen helped myself to a small bowl of strawberries and lots of cream. This mornings sugar reading was 5.8. .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
More sleuthing needed methinks like yourself @flexi06. 2 days OMAD has lowered weight but felt tired yesterday and fbg not great at 5.2. Fits my theory of what is going on but I will wait until MRI scan results before doing anything else as I might be wrong. @DJC3 how about looking for fitness tracker in John Lewis or Currys ? @geefull sorry to hear about strimmer - those issues are why I got me a Stihl battery one and big ars** hedge trimmer - not gentle on wallet but power and ease of start and maintenance free.
Stay hydrated folks summer's here - time for a blast of Sweet Disposition:angelic::angelic: (500 days of summer)

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are late on parade today.
A 7.0 for me this morning.

Late on parade, music practice 40 mins and not a black or white key behaved itself. I blame me, then in the sanctuary woodworking, I'm making a tank for my grandchildren approx sizes 600 x 350 x 250mm tall. Now on tea break typing this while Mrs J is talking at me........what she is saying I haven't a clue or care.

Stephenm 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fitbit, due to being more open e.g works on all platforms (as an IT guy I don't trust closed systems). On a Gadget show head to head, it was swings and round abouts.

The Versa and Ionic (which I use) have built in GPS so no requirement for a phone. All of the ladies in my family have Fitbit, 2 under 16 so passes street cred test also.

Was thinking about the Fitbit because my contact ends in September and thinking having a change from the iPhone thanks for the advice might get the Fitbit keep my street cred

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Afternoon all!! Sorry its late was busy when I got into work and this is my only chance, A less than stellar 7.1 this morning and its held steady at 7 even with some food on board today so I will take it. I'm off work for the next few days as its me birthday tomorrow! So I am under orders from the boss to enjoy it, and am getting taken out for lunch!!

Take care in the sunshine everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
O/T ish does anyone take vitamin B complex or B12 and if so which ones and do you find them helpful in any ways?
Thanks in anticipation. (If you are on the what did you eat thread I have posted the same there so sorry)

Last edited: