T2s: What was your fasting BG this morning, and what did you eat yesterday?

D

Deleted member 371625

Tuesday 26/6
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today
Away for a few days, so after breakfast quantities will be estimated
Exercise also limited due to the heat

Snack (5am): Banana {59 Cal / 13.4g Carbs}
……………………...5 mile walk
Breakfast (7am): Porridge (made with almond milk),
plum, strawberries, walnuts {300 Cal / 36.8g Carbs}

Snack (10am): Cherry & almond muffin {239 Cal / 34.0g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Tomato & basil soup soup {84 Cal / 13.2g Carbs}
Ham sandwich {221 Cal / 11.4g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt {79 Cal / 9.3g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Pistachio ice cream {124 Cal / 13.7g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Hake, chorizo & white bean stew, green beans {401 Cal / 23.8g Carbs}
Picpoul de Pinet (5oz) {119 Cal / 3.0g Carbs}
Strawberries, blackcurrants, yoghurt {74 Cal / 8.2g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Crystallised orange peel dipped in chocolate {50 Cal / 3.8g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1655
Carbs 170.6g
Protein 72.2g
Fat 55.9g (Sat Fat 17.2g / Trans fat 0.7g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Reactions: millenium

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing this morning, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition we all find ourselves dealing with

This morning at 08.15 hrs my BGL's were a tad high again at 7.3 and this has caused me a bit of concern, as I've been eating the right foods, but due to the Adverse weather we are having at present I stopped walking, but I can't see this being a cause in my high BGL's, but who am I to say, one way or the other. So if anyone has a theory I'm all ears and open for any advice out there that will assist me at this time as I'm at a loss as to why they have risen again when I have no real reason, for it.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing this morning, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition we all find ourselves dealing with

This morning at 08.15 hrs my BGL's were a tad high again at 7.3 and this has caused me a bit of concern, as I've been eating the right foods, but due to the Adverse weather we are having at present I stopped walking, but I can't see this being a cause in my high BGL's, but who am I to say, one way or the other. So if anyone has a theory I'm all ears and open for any advice out there that will assist me at this time as I'm at a loss as to why they have risen again when I have no real reason, for it.
Morning readings are the last to come down. It could be DP. Which is hormonal. From reading about this on here I think msybe having a little something to eat before bed may help. Did you take your BS before you went to bed?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 today

Yesterday was what I call a delicious day. I just had an Americano for breakfast in a local Wetherspoons. Met my cousin for a catch up at 9.30 sitting on the balcony soaking up the sun. Now comes the delicious bit. Lunch at an amazing tapas bar by the sea. The sun was blasting down and not a cloud in sight. Honestly I could have been in Marbella! Ordered chicken and chorizo kebabs and halloumi cheese which normally comes grilled but seemed to be coated in bread crumbs it was gorgeous! 2 glasses of wine soaking up the sun and the view.

For supper strawberries (3 large) and full fat Greek yoghurt. Coffee and cream.

Delicious day!

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning readings are the last to come down. It could be DP. Which is hormonal. From reading about this on here I think msybe having a little something to eat before bed may help. Did you take your BS before you went to bed?

Hi Everyone,

No I don't take my BGL's prior to going to bed, as I feel that it would be a waste of time, I take them as soon as I wake each morning and then prior to Tea at night and then again 2 too 2.5 hours later, I usually have Tea around 18.00 or 18.30 hrs each night. I first joined this forum in 2015 and after obtaining a good BGL's level constantly and the loss of some 35 kilos, I thought I had gained control of my condition so I stopped using the Forum on a regular basis, for a long time. Then this year my BGL's were over the top and were in the high 8's and low 10's constantly so I returned to the Forum, to gain not only help, but a much better understanding of this condition There was a problem on my return as I didn't have access to my original Email Address and I'd forgotten the password, so I opened a new account under this Username, but if you enter the username Stemar you'll see my original account on this Forum from early 2015, when I first signed up. But I know I'm back in the right place to gain the help and knowledge I'm in need of so I thank you for being a contributor to that knowledge I need.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

No I don't take my BGL's prior to going to bed, as I feel that it would be a waste of time, I take them as soon as I wake each morning and then prior to Tea at night and then again 2 too 2.5 hours later, I usually have Tea around 18.00 or 18.30 hrs each night. I first joined this forum in 2015 and after obtaining a good BGL's level constantly and the loss of some 35 kilos, I thought I had gained control of my condition so I stopped using the Forum on a regular basis, for a long time. Then this year my BGL's were over the top and were in the high 8's and low 10's constantly so I returned to the Forum, to gain not only help, but a much better understanding of this condition There was a problem on my return as I didn't have access to my original Email Address and I'd forgotten the password, so I opened a new account under this Username, but if you enter the username Stemar you'll see my original account on this Forum from early 2015, when I first signed up. But I know I'm back in the right place to gain the help and knowledge I'm in need of so I thank you for being a contributor to that knowledge I need.
I remember from a previous post that you had been bere before and gained great control but latterly that control had weakened. You know you can do it which you sure be reassured by. It's just a matter if a little time and getting your head back around it. Maybe taking a few extra readings during the day/evening for a week or so might help you see exactly what is happening and when to give you a bigger picture.

D

Deleted member 371625

Tuesday 27/6
FBG (5.30am) 4.3
Away for a few days, so after breakfast quantities will be estimated

Snack (6am): Apricots {38 Cal / 7.3g Carbs}
……………………...5 mile walk in the cool of the early morning
Breakfast (7am): Eggs, walnut bread, mushrooms, tomatoes / OJ {325 Cal / 27.1g Carbs}

Snack (9am): Banana {62 Cal / 14.2g Carbs}
Lunch (12pm): Fish & chips [at the seaside, ate only part of the batter,
half a portion of chips] {345 Cal / 29.5g Carbs}
Mango ice cream {135 Cal / 14.9g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Watermelon {50 Cal / 10.7g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Roast chicken. new potatoes, salad {419 Cal / 28.7g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt {79 Cal / 9.2g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toasted fruit loaf, milk {166 Cal / 23.3g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1721
Carbs 177.0g
Protein 108.0g
Fat 56.1g (Sat Fat 17.4g / Trans fat 1.2g)

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I remember from a previous post that you had been bere before and gained great control but latterly that control had weakened. You know you can do it which you sure be reassured by. It's just a matter if a little time and getting your head back around it. Maybe taking a few extra readings during the day/evening for a week or so might help you see exactly what is happening and when to give you a bigger picture.

Hi Debandez,,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, this morning, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we all find ourselves,
dealing with this condition, on a daily basis!

I have read your response and after thinking about your suggestion for a while, I can see merit in it even if as you suggest, it's only for a few weeks, it will give me an idea as to what other things I need to try, as it was suggestions like this that helped me the first time I was on this Forum. I don't know if you've read my original profile under just Stemar or not, but originally it was this type of help which was so valuable to me in not only getting control of my numbers, but in losing just over 35 kilos. So I thank you for taking the time to care about assisting me in my task at hand.

Last edited:

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, this morning, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we all find ourselves,
dealing with this condition, on a daily basis!

I didn't test my BGL's this morning, as I worked till really late last night and I didn't wake up till just before lunchtime. So I decided it would of been a waste of time, to take a test reading at that time of day. But after reading a response from Debandez, I guess anytime you take a reading isn't really a waste of time, it just becomes another piece of the daily puzzle of this condition, for one to gain a better understanding of how this condition makes your body work on the inside, which would hopefully give one a hand in understanding your bodies working structure.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, this morning, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we all find ourselves, dealing with this condition, on a daily basis!

Well my BGL"s this morning were still above where I would of liked, but at 7:45 hrs they were just 7.0 neat, even though I would of like to see them back in the 6's again, I'm not to much concerned as they could be a lot higher if I hadn't stopped walking the past week or so. But now the wet weather has ceased I intend to commence walking again so hopefully this will show a difference in my BGL's in the not to distant future, all I can do is try and do the right thing, for my condition to be defeated or at least controlled.

D

Deleted member 371625

Thursday 27/6
Away for a few days, so quantities will be estimated

Snack (6am): Banana {61 Cal / 13.8g Carbs}
Breakfast (8am): Porridge, made with almond milk,
pear, blackberries {251 Cal / 37.4g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Prawns, salad, bread & butter, fries {388 Cal / 42.5g Carbs}
Mini Magnum ice cream {150 Cal / 14.0g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Apricots {38 Cal / 7.3g Carbs}

BG (6pm) 4.3
Dinner (6pm): Salmon, sweet potatoes, salad {429 Cal / 21.8g Carbs}
Cherries, ice cream {255 Cal / 25.7g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toasted walnut bread, milk {145 Cal / 20.2g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1826
Carbs 197.7g
Protein 83.3g
Fat 69.2g (Sat Fat 21.8g / Trans fat 0.6g)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning

Wetherspoons yesterday sitting on a sunny balcony with a coffee and 3 rashers bacon 2 fried eggs and treated myself to a sausage as my weight dropped 2lbs under where I want to be. My appetite is no where near what it was before LCHF woe. Dinner was lots of veg with chicken. Preceded by egg mayo and cracker and brie with nuts after with a glass of wine. Supper an Adonis bar. Weight back up this morning so good result all round.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing, this morning, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!

When I woke the first time this morning I didn't bother taking my BGL's, as it's Saturday and it was 05.30 hrs, when I woke, so I decided to go back to bed for a few more hours. When I woke the second time it was 08.10 hrs and my BGL's at this time were 6.9 so I'm hopping that this is the turning point, as I started walking again yesterday, so it looks like that is a must do from now on if I want to have my Numbers remain below the 7's in the future.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing, this morning, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!

This morning for Breakfast I had 3 Eggs mixed with Milk, Cheese, then Scrambled and on the side I had Tomato and 2 Slices of Shortcut Bacon, with a Slice of Toast, followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Lunch yesterday consisted of a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweetener.

Tea last night was a Chicken Schnitzel Fried in Butter, served with Mixed Veggies and covered with Mushroom and Garlic Gravy, Followed by Strawberries, Raspberries and Whipped Cream, then I had a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners, then about 45 minutes after the Coffee, I had 2 Segments of Dark Chocolate with Almonds.

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

5.9 at 5:20 am this morning.

Yesterdays menu:

Breakfast, three egg cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon. Black coffee no sugar.
Lunch, two ham and salad sandwiches (four slices HB low carb bread).
Dinner, seafood marinara (cooked in a spicy diced tomato and mushroom sauce) and reheated pasta spirals.

D

Deleted member 371625

Friday 29/6
FBG (5.30am) 4.3
Away for a few days, so quantities will be estimated

Snack (6am): Pear {40 Cal / 8.4g Carbs}
Breakfast (8am): Croissant, mushrooms [foraged during walk] {209 Cal / 20.2g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt {83 Cal / 11.1g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Leftovers
Salmon, prawns, chicken, hummus, avocado, salad {416 Cal / 15.6g Carbs}
Apricot, blackberries, mango sorbet {101 Cal / 19.9g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Portuguese restaurant, estimates
Salt cod, tomato rice {108 Cal / 17.5g Carbs}
Pork & clams, potatoes / Vinho Verde (8oz) {467 Cal / 19.5g Carbs}
Egg custard / Port {198 Cal / 18.5g Carbs}

Amaretto sour cocktail {161 Cal / 19.1g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1821
Carbs 159.4g
Protein 94.3g
Fat 57.3g (Sat Fat 18.3g / Trans fat 0.6g)

Saturday 30/6
Travelling day, quantities estimated

Breakfast (5am): Porridge, made with almond milk,
strawberries, blackberries {242 Cal / 36.1g Carbs}
……………………………….4 mile walk in morning cool
Snack (7am): Banana {62 Cal / 14.2g Carbs}

Snack (10am): Walnut bread, strawberry jam {163 Cal / 29.5g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Scampi, sweet potato fries, salad / Ginger beer {345 Cal / 42.9g Carbs}

Back home, diet is now my own fault entirely
Dinner (6pm): Spanish fish stew {347 Cal / 31.4g Carbs}
Malaga ice cream {193 Cal / 34.1g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1415
Carbs 194.3g
Protein 74.4g
Fat 28.8g (Sat Fat 9.5g / Trans fat 0.5g)

D

Deleted member 371625

Sunday 1/7
FBG (5.30am) 4.2
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge, made with almond milk,
peach, raspberries, pecans {300 Cal / 36.2g Carbs}
……………………………….5 mile walk
Breakfast 2 (8am): Eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast (one slice, seeded),
baked beans / Juice from one orange {316 Cal / 29.5g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Out for tapas, quantities estimated
Wood pigeon & truffle crostini, rocket / Hake & clams /
Fennel, tomato & white bean salad / Churros & chocolate sauce {517 Cal / 41.0g Carbs}
Champagne (2 x 3oz) / Moscatel (3oz) {234 Cal / 11.5g Carbs}

……………………………..3 mile walk
BG (6pm) 4.0
Dinner (6pm): Brisket, Yorkshire pudding, celeriac mash, roast squash,
cauliflower, peas {369 Cal / 31.8g Carbs}
Ginger cake {119 Cal / 19.2g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1911
Carbs 175.1g
Protein 95.3g
Fat 61.3g (Sat Fat 13.6g / Trans fat 0.9g)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
had crisp bread for supper and got up to 11.7 I just can not win grrr

D

Deleted member 371625

Monday 1/7
plum, blackberries, walnuts {284 Cal / 35.7g Carbs}
……………………………….2 mile walk
……………………………….5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Mackerel, tomatoes, toast (one slice, seeded),
hummus / Tangerine {258 Cal / 20.5g Carbs}

………………………………..5 km row
Lunch (12pm): Beef & pearl barley broth {127 Cal / 16.3g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad {273 Cal / 9.3g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt, almonds {136 Cal / 12.1g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Nectarine, cashews {105 Cal / 11.9g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Cottage pie (squash & sweet potato topping),
green beans, sweetcorn {340 Cal / 26.6g Carbs}
Strawberries, passion fruit, yoghurt, pistachios {129 Cal / 12.6g Carbs}
………………………………….3 mile walk

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), almond milk {117 Cal / 11.7g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1826
Carbs 162.4g
Protein 113.5g
Fat 63.5g (Sat Fat 14.1g / Trans fat 0.8g)

D

Deleted member 371625

Tuesday 3/7
FBG (5.30am) 3.9
nectarine, blackberries, hazelnuts {292 Cal / 36.3g Carbs}
……………………………….2 mile walk
……………………………….5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Eggs,ham, mushrooms, tomatoes,
toast (one slice, seeded) / Juice from one orange {263 Cal / 22.4g Carbs}

Snack (9am): Banana {62 Cal / 14.2g Carbs}
………………………………..5 km row

Lunch (12pm): Beef & pearl barley broth {128 Cal / 16.5g Carbs}
Prawn, avocado & artichoke salad {336 Cal / 12.2g Carbs}
Strawberries, kiwi, yoghurt, cashews {138 Cal / 13.9g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Salmon, new potatoes, roast celeriac,
carrots, green beans / Picpoul de Pinet (4oz) {461 Cal / 26.7g Carbs}
Malaga ice cream {138 Cal / 24.6g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1866
Carbs 173.1g
Protein 110.7g
Fat 60.8g (Sat Fat 13.0g / Trans fat 0.2g)