How much weight have YOU lost?

batgirl2708

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started low carb (and low (ish) fat as I am big anyway) and lost 5lb last week super impressed x

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Since xmas I have lost 2st.
Since 8th may I have lost over 1st.
I am taking relaxed orilstat tablets and low carb.
Stopped all wheat bread and breadcumb. Cream, cheese and nuts. (All snacks except a liver block before bed, on occasion to give me a low fbg boost.)
I've now lost 4st since xmas' 16.
I'm going to have some treats leading up to xmas this year then do strict low carb in the 2018 new year.
I wonder if I lose another 4st next year......maybe more as booked for bariatric surgery after May.

MuntiJay

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
I know that many bloggers said that regular trainings and diet are the key to success. And I try to follow this scheme. I take less sugar and avoid alcohol. Also I attend gym in Auckland (moved 'cause of work) and practise with Tommy, my personal trainer. So I keep working on yourself. My happy weight is 55kg:)

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Other
In one month you can reasonably anticipate losing eight to 10 pounds if you follow a pretty strict plan. Losing one pound of body fat is equivalent to 3,500 calories. To lose two pounds per week, you must drop 1,000 calories per day.

Skydog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU
after discovering i'd put on 5lb over Christmas and new year i wasn't at all happy, decided to go get weighed on Friday and was amazed to discover i had dropped 11lb in just 9 days, if only it could go that well every week, I see a Diabetic Nurse on the 25th hope she is amazed with my weight loss so far

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone, I hope your all doing as you expect, with the aid of this Forum and it's Members, As it does work!!!

When I first found this Forum about 4:5 years ago I was in the high 90's Kilo range (215.6 ibs) and the one thing that stuck out was weight and the Adverse affects it had on the body and this condition, but I was finding it hard to lower my weight in anyway. Then one night I saw an add on TV for a Nutri Bullet, food processor. So I bought one, well it changed my life as I lost just over 38 kilos (86.6 lbs) in just under 8 months, as it enabled me to drink my veggies, instead of having to cook and eat them, and now 4 years further on and I'm still using that Nutribullet on a regular basis, as it's enabled me to maintain a stable weight of around 70 kilos, (154 lbs) and I feel so much better for the loss. It also comes with a book of all sorts of combinations of fruit and vegetables, some I steer clear of altogether, but it works for me, so I hope it can work for you also.

Last edited:

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Started low carb (and low (ish) fat as I am big anyway) and lost 5lb last week super impressed x

Hi Batgirl2708, I understand that when you've been on the wrong side of normal (+) it can affect multipal aspects of our day, to day life and most of us adapt copping mechanisms, as no doubt you have. What helped me to loose weight was walking at least for 45 minutes a day Monday to Saturday and a rest day on Sunday's, plus I bought a Nutri Bullet Food Processor that turned my fruit and vegetables into a drink rather than a meal. As by the time I cooked anything I didn't really want to eat it so I'd pick at it, but with this machine I could prepare and drink the contents in about 10 minutes and I got all the goodness I was suppose to as I didn't cook it to much. I lost 38 kilos in about 8 months, but remember to do everything in moderation at first, as you need to build up to where you want to be. I hope this gives you something to think about anyway, good luck with your progress in the future, Ok!!!

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need a 15 pound loss

hungry all the time

Hi Contrato, How are things for you today? I lost 38 Kilos in about 8 months and I've managed to maintain my weight at around 70 kilos for about 2:5 years, as when I first joined this forum I was about 98 kilos and the one thing that stood out was how much of an adverse affect weight had on your body and overall health and this condition. So I knew I needed to loose a heap of weight and at first it was a very hard task but by continuing to persevere, it became easier and I started to enjoy getting up and going for my walk, but you must start off in moderation as I had a few set backs in the begging, as I rushed in and over did it a few times. I hope this will give you some food for thought and good luck with your progress, Ok!!!

Jaz006

Well I've only lost 2-3lbs in 4 weeks. BUT... I do actually look thinner and clothes are looser and people keep asking me if I have lost weight. It's just a shame the scales have not noticed lol :).

I might give exercise a go... soon. I am watching the World Cup but I'm not sure this counts as giving exercise a go:happy:

Quiet David

Ive been on a strict diet for the past fortnight. In that time I have shed 4kg. When I say strict I mean that I have adhered to it strictly, but it is not a diet of deprivation. Sensible eating during the day and a regular [healthy] dinner in the evening.

Jaz006

Ive been on a strict diet for the past fortnight. In that time I have shed 4kg. When I say strict I mean that I have adhered to it strictly, but it is not a diet of deprivation. Sensible eating during the day and a regular [healthy] dinner in the evening.

Well done Dave !!

Skydog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU
Well it's been a while since I've posted on the site, nice to see others successfully losing weight, I am still losing though I've been in a rutt for the last 2 month, I keep losing 4 or 5lb one week then put it back on the next, My total loss so far is 6 stone 2lb since October 1st, Really hoping to crack on and start shifting more weight, I was hoping for another 4 stone by October 1st this year but doubt it's going to happen, Either way I am happy with what i have achieved but still have a long way to go, Good luck to everybody else with their battle lol

Reactions: wobbles and Prem51

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Losing one pound of body fat is equivalent to 3,500 calories. To lose two pounds per week, you must drop 1,000 calories per day.

The theory sounds great. In practice? A different picture all together. It all depends on the individual and if we were all the same it would be the answer to my prayers.

Of course you have to know exactly how much your body needs and the Harris Benedict Formula has been around for over 100 years. If I was to follow that to the letter I should be consuming 2300 calories a day. In theory if I take off 500 calories a day, that should bring a one pound weight loss. In my case that didn't work. So, next step take off 1,000 calories a day, and I spent years on 1200 calories a day, weight loss? Nil. Did I exercise? Till it hurt! Did I cheat? No, I have spent ages weighing everything, putting it all into my Weight by Date software and I've now got food diaries coming out of my ears.

Personally, I didn't lose weight until I cut my carbs back to about 40gms (no bread, potato, rice, pasta - you'd be surprised how much carbs are in those items) and stopped taking Gliclazide and Januvia.

Shame we're not all the same.

Groundgripper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Busy towns and cities, heavy traffic, noisy people, rubbishy televison or radio shows, rap music.
So Very Pleased, saw my Diabetic nurse for my first proper check over, since diagnosed with T2, feet and extremities all good, eyes have improved dramatically in just two months, used to get blurring in the left one about once a week or so, first diagnosed at beginning of December 2018, Hba1c at 60, retested early January 2019 down to 52, Yesterday Feb 27th now down to 46, Cholesterol now at 4.2 from 6.1 back in December, body weight 80kg down from 96kg in December when diagnosed, very, very pleased with all the help and advice available on this site, now no drugs, have been taken off Metformin as they believe that I am pre Diabeties now and if I keep up the good work should get my next Hba1c down a lot further, excellent Diabeties Nurses at our local doctors, very helpful and supportive, my blood pressure is down as well from 143/89 to 132/72.
Early morning test is now in the range of 4.3 to 5.1, down from 7.9 to 8.4.
Staying well away from Carbs and being very label sensitive on canned and packet foods, diet doctor very useful, Thank you one and all,
David (aka - groundgripper) xxx

Last edited:
Reactions: Viv19 and Prem51

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My weight has been as low as under 12 stone since diagnosis but crept back up from 12 stone 4lbs last Easter (2018) to 13st 8lbs by new year 2019. It's now back to 12st 4lbs (18 pounds in 8 weeks) and I'm going to keep the calorie restriction going until I get under 12 stone, thouigh the ultimate aim is about 11st 5, and staying there.

Reactions: wobbles and Prem51

Bernie11064

Was 89kg went diagnosed type 2 feb 2016 did low carb diet most of time and had been stuck between 82 & 86 kg . The top end when the diet was not has strict holidays etc . This year started intermittent fasting and have managed to get to 80kg

Linda Kaufman

I lost 10 pounds. But I'm still on the road to recovery and it was very hard. I never thought I could run my health and myself like this. There's a huge motivation right now, but ****... how do you do that?

Post edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator: