What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Night all 6.1 and I have good news from my eye test (1) I get a free eye test every year now since I’m diabetic (usally the tests would cost £30) and (2) my eyes are very healthy and I don’t need to change my prescription:D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Night all 6.1 and I have good news from my eye test (1) I get a free eye test every year now since I’m diabetic (usally the tests would cost £30) and (2) my eyes are very healthy and I don’t need to change my prescription:D
@Ziggy2017 fantastic news about your eye test and the 6.1 means no hypo so another piece of good news.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks. So far during this heatwave mornings and evenings here have been quite cool - cool enough to need jumpers or tops. That is supposed to change tonight and tomorrow. Reading these posts daily it doesn't seem as though the hot weather has unduly influenced fbg if at all. Mine was 4.8 today at about 6.00 am. I will have to see how long that lasts but it is always good to see old friends you haven't seen in a while, even for a short time:)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Last night me and the other half walked a couple of miles along the beach to a pub that usually does great grub. On this occasion my steak was somewhat overcooked but luckily the walk had given me an appetite so I didn't complain , just ate . The walk home was "bracing" ( read too cold for comfort ) but my sugar levels this morning are 5.9 - Note to self ask for rare next time rather than medium and wear more clothes.... Here on the east coast the sun is shining and its promised to be a boiler. Enjoy it if you possibly can....

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.7 still not back to my old normal yet since increasing my prednisolone. Though since recent blood tests my neurologist is no longer so sure that I should be taking preds indefinitely as some problems have shown up so he has now said ideally I should soon start stepping them back down with a view to coming off them all together if possible as I now have lymphocytopenia and am at risk of Pneumocystis carinii infections.

So if I do manage to come of preds there is a possibility that my diabetes may go away. Though not a certainty.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to all those who suffer from drug induced night cramps

A surprising 6.2 for me this morning, we had a late evening meal which always raised my blood sugars

Have a good Saturday folks. We have the grandchildren today and will be contributing to global warming with a bbq this afternoon.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.1 today. Managed an average of 5.3 yesterday, with a high of 5.5 (2h post) . So if I can keep it in that groove, Ill be very pleased. Home gym today, wont be easy in this heat. Be well.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Drum roll........
The results are in: Hba1c officially measured at 44
Down from 66 on 14 May
I’ll take that. I would have preferred something beginning with 3 but the test was a couple of weeks ago and this is huge encouragement after a tough few weeks.

Great result @rhubarb73 you have dropped by 33% which is a huge achievement and it hasn’t even been 2 months. I think you deserve a fanfare of trumpets, not just a drumroll.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.3 @ 07.11 (experimented with half the amount of steps 10 k mostly after dinner, and no weights during the day (probably a cumulative effect, suggesting rest days for me are possible)).

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
5.7 still not back to my old normal yet since increasing my prednisolone. Though since recent blood tests my neurologist is no longer so sure that I should be taking preds indefinitely as some problems have shown up so he has now said ideally I should soon start stepping them back down with a view to coming off them all together if possible as I now have lymphocytopenia and am at risk of Pneumocystis carinii infections.

So if I do manage to come of preds there is a possibility that my diabetes may go away. Though not a certainty.
@JohnEGreen I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you can come off prednisone and your diabetes will go away

Last edited:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all didn’t have a great nights sleep due to pain in my shoulder but eventually dropped off slight headache this morning but hopefully the pain meds I had will help anyway BG is 5.0 on this beautiful Saturday morning