Novo Nordisk Pens

K

Knikki

OK

I use these Nordisk Pens, infact a fair old collection of them and all, bar one, is silver.

Now when I look on Nova's website it shows blue pens, or you can get a variety of skins to add to the pen to colour them.

However the website is not the best and while it shows all these it does not show how you can get them or indeed what coloured skins are available.

So the big question is does anyone know where I can see, buy or get hold of a different coloured Penfill?

Cheers :D

(I know I could go to the DSN but I bet she has a stack of silver ones and I fance more colour in my life)

D

Deleted Account

Do they still have children's pens?
In addition to being more colourful, they usually provide smaller doses which I found very useful.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the Novo Echo, it's blue, so is my spare, I would've preferred red but I didn't get a choice lol xx

Reactions: Knikki

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Your GP should prescribe them for you, I have the NovoPen echo, which does half units, one colour for Novorapid and one colour for Levemir - it comes in red and blue.

K

Knikki

Do they still have children's pens?
In addition to being more colourful, they usually provide smaller doses which I found very useful.

They show them on the Nova site however, I have not seen any for sale, mind you I need to do some more searchs.

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your GP should prescribe them for you, I have the NovoPen echo, which does half units, one colour for Novorapid and one colour for Levemir - it comes in red and blue.
I have four of the blue Echo pens now, can't seem to get the red even though I've requested them a couple of times. They must be very popular in that colour.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Knikki ,

You may need to look at your repeat prescription regarding the listing of you novopen.? You should find in the list, the exact type of pen including the colour (believe it or not?) so any change would need to be discussed with the GP. The chemist can only issue/dispense what is precisely on the script.

I think they do blue by "default" with the Novopens.

Earlier on, i did see some "graphic wraps" on eBay for a variety of insulin pen types. So that maybe a pointer for anyone interested in a little individuality.. :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The doctor needs to click on “red” or “blue”.... the pharmacist will get the right colour hopefully. If you don’t mind one unit pens, they come in silver too.

I can only get red or blue in the echo 1/2 unit pens and this is a pain for me as I have two background basal types of insulin. I use blue for basals but I have to put sticky plaster with black writing the length of the blue top piece to ensure I use the right pen!!

IMG_0253.jpg

It has been Very confusing at 3.30am sometimes when doing first basal when 1/2 asleep!! Even though marked up I have still done bolts instead of insulatard and tresiba instead of insulatard.

Reactions: Knikki and Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The doctor needs to click on “red” or “blue”.... the pharmacist will get the right colour hopefully. If you don’t mind one unit pens, they come in silver too.

I can only get red or blue in the echo 1/2 unit pens and this is a pain for me as I have two background basal types of insulin. I use blue for basals but I have to put sticky plaster with black writing the length of the blue top piece to ensure I use the right pen!!

View attachment 27377

It has been Very confusing at 3.30am sometimes when doing first basal when 1/2 asleep!! Even though marked up I have still done bolts instead of insulatard and tresiba instead of insulatard.

Back in the "olden dayz" of novopens, they were all one colour. (a sort of light beige, like a late 80s computer tower.?)
There used to be a coded sticker on the side of the insulin box. Orange for rapid & green for basal, which could be peeled of & reused to identify the contents of the pen..

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Back in the "olden dayz" of novopens, they were all one colour. (a sort of light beige, like a late 80s computer tower.?)
There used to be a coded sticker on the side of the insulin box. Orange for rapid & green for basal, which could be peeled of & reused to identify the contents of the pen..

Yes, I remember but it wouldn’t help being on two different basals each day!!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I have three, a dark blue, light blue and silver. My consultant asked what colours I wanted!

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My GP prescribes them, I use the blue one for levemir and the red one for rapid novo rapid, that's how I remember which is which. I'm a pump user now but I have them as back up and also for holidays when I come off the pump.

Poosecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK

I use these Nordisk Pens, infact a fair old collection of them and all, bar one, is silver.

Now when I look on Nova's website it shows blue pens, or you can get a variety of skins to add to the pen to colour them.

However the website is not the best and while it shows all these it does not show how you can get them or indeed what coloured skins are available.

So the big question is does anyone know where I can see, buy or get hold of a different coloured Penfill?

Cheers :D

(I know I could go to the DSN but I bet she has a stack of silver ones and I fance more colour in my life)
I have a red and a blue echo - opened boxes but unused. You can have them if you want. I use a pump now so have no use for them

Reactions: karen8967
K

Knikki

@Poosecat Thanks for the offer but I got hold of my DSN and she has put one on order for me. Once again thanks for your kindness :D

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I use a blue one for basal too, great minds think alike! Red one for Novorapid because it’s (in my opinion) the more dangerous of the two. If I were to take 8.5u (my basal dose) of Novorapid I’d be in serious trouble; as opposed to half a unit of Tresiba not making a whole lot of difference...

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Knikki ,

You may need to look at your repeat prescription regarding the listing of you novopen.? You should find in the list, the exact type of pen including the colour (believe it or not?) so any change would need to be discussed with the GP. The chemist can only issue/dispense what is precisely on the script.

I think they do blue by "default" with the Novopens.

Earlier on, i did see some "graphic wraps" on eBay for a variety of insulin pen types. So that maybe a pointer for anyone interested in a little individuality.. :)
My Diabetic Nurse always selects red as requested but as yet they always turn out to be blue. Nevertheless, I shall keep trying for a red.

Reactions: Knikki