Type 2 Trulicity

jewels777

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone on here been put on this weekly injection? I've just been prescribed it but haven't started it yet. Im a little bit alarmed by the warning that comes up when I read up on it, my HCP never mentioned anything about it.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
hi @jewels777,
By rights your HCP is supposed to provide your with all risks, side-effects as part of prescribing and for gaining your consent to try this treatment.
Perhaps you can schedule an appointment on the basis of your concerns and stipulating that you were not fully informed of all information required for your consent to treatment.
You presumably have the right to lodge a complaint if you perceive your 'treatment' by this prescriber as unprofessional.
The problem of course is that you may be pushed off onto a long waiting list and making complaints may start a long, drawn out process and alienate your prescriber. BUT - what is to stop a similar thing happening to the nest patient?
You may find you are seen by a different HCP but at least that may speed up the appointment process and you can decide from there whether to return to the original HCP or not.
Best Wishes !!
Also others on this forum may have detailed information on side-effects of this medication.

LindiePops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Jewels777, I started a weekly Trulicity injection in November. Must admit that the first week was just awfuI but i had been warned about the side effects by my DN. Felt sick the whole of the first week and could barely eat a thing. But it does get better and I have had no issues with it since. My DN said at the start that I'd need to persevere and give it a chance and she was right. Glad I stuck it out (with the help of a couple of anti sickness tablets). Hope you get on ok but if you still have concerns, speak to your DN or GP.

jewels777

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Jewels777, I started a weekly Trulicity injection in November. Must admit that the first week was just awfuI but i had been warned about the side effects by my DN. Felt sick the whole of the first week and could barely eat a thing. But it does get better and I have had no issues with it since. My DN said at the start that I'd need to persevere and give it a chance and she was right. Glad I stuck it out (with the help of a couple of anti sickness tablets). Hope you get on ok but if you still have concerns, speak to your DN or GP.

jewels777

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you, that's encouraging. Were you informed about the thyroid tumour risk? I wasn't, and only became aware by googling it.

jewels777

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi @jewels777,
By rights your HCP is supposed to provide your with all risks, side-effects as part of prescribing and for gaining your consent to try this treatment.
Perhaps you can schedule an appointment on the basis of your concerns and stipulating that you were not fully informed of all information required for your consent to treatment.
You presumably have the right to lodge a complaint if you perceive your 'treatment' by this prescriber as unprofessional.
The problem of course is that you may be pushed off onto a long waiting list and making complaints may start a long, drawn out process and alienate your prescriber. BUT - what is to stop a similar thing happening to the nest patient?
You may find you are seen by a different HCP but at least that may speed up the appointment process and you can decide from there whether to return to the original HCP or not.
Best Wishes !!
Also others on this forum may have detailed information on side-effects of this medication.

jewels777

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you. I was told about the possible nausea but not a word about the risk of thyroid cancer. I googled it and on their website they mention it but the same way as they might mention a possible rash. I'm going to give it a go but in conjunction with trying the low carb programme which will hopefully negate the need for this injection.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thank you. I was told about the possible nausea but not a word about the risk of thyroid cancer. I googled it and on their website they mention it but the same way as they might mention a possible rash. I'm going to give it a go but in conjunction with trying the low carb programme which will hopefully negate the need for this injection.
Who dares, wins (well, mostly !!! Best of Luck.

Sanjhussain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I went to clinic last week as I’m currently on empagliflozin and alogliptin & they don’t appear to be helping me. The nurse mentioned this injectable, the dr came back with I don’t weigh heavy enough to be on it ( this made me feel like a size zero lol) I’ve lost a lot of weight I used to be 19stome now 13.3stone.
The nurse thinks I should still be put on it due to being of south Asian origin so I’m now waiting on her to speak to the diabetic nurse at the hospital to see what she says. Then it will be discussed again with my dr. Over the years I’ve been on several different meds and every 6 months for the last 3 years there’s been mention of an injecabtle.

LindiePops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, that's encouraging. Were you informed about the thyroid tumour risk? I wasn't, and only became aware by googling it.
No, I wasn't warned about the thyroid tumour issue. Just told about the nausea and that the drug doesn't react well to a fatty diet. Seems every drug comes with its own risks. They took me off Sitagliptin (Januvita) which was 1 tablet I took daily to put me on Trulicity. I remember not long after being put on Sitagliptin that there was a TV programme which stated this was one of the drugs which gave you an increased risk of pancreatic cancer! Guess you never truly know how all these drugs affect you. Good luck whatever you decide x

Mijas_pueblo_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What a night !!!
On Trulicity 2 days. Nausea/Wind/Diareah !!!
Really want to give this a try, last year been used as a guinea pig by my GP !
Now only let Diabetic Clinic Dr change anything.
My bloods now down from 250-300 to 98. I have never had a sweet tooth, love savory.
Definately won't be pigging out over Christmas ☺.
Looking at all the different blogs re Trulicity, it is comforting to know that I am not alone. Just hope this works for me, and all the rotten side effects eventually go away !!!
Merry Christmas one and all