Type 1'stars R Us

paulchew1988

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No food... until the hypo.
Do you know how much you drop for each unit. Base guide is 1 unit to drop 3mmol but mine's more 1 unit 1.8mmol drop. Everyone's different, it's finding the right balance for yourself. See how it goes if you keep getting hypos then definitely change the fast acting waking up at 5.7 sounds like your Basel is at the right dose.

Reactions: CranberryIce

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning, a nice flattish line over night but a shame it was up at 11, mums funeral this afternoon, I don't know if 'glad; is the word but I'll be glad to get it done as it's taken forever it seems and the suit's too tight to put the libre reader in a pocket so I've a sports bag to take :banghead:

Apart from that it's another lovely day :)

Thoughts are with you today @kev-w

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Bedtime last night 4.4. Thinking I would go hypo during night I thought it would be a good idea to scoff a Crunchie. Hmph.....woke this morning at 6.45 scanned the Libre 24.7 WOW wasn't expecting that! Correction dose with breakfast. Just scanned now and 10.8 with a straight down arrow. Looks like I am having a roller-coaster ride today. Hope there's no loop-da-loops involved :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, a nice flattish line over night but a shame it was up at 11, mums funeral this afternoon, I don't know if 'glad; is the word but I'll be glad to get it done as it's taken forever it seems and the suit's too tight to put the libre reader in a pocket so I've a sports bag to take :banghead:

Apart from that it's another lovely day :)
Thinking of you and your family today kev x

Reactions: porl69

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone,

Thinking of you, and your family, at funeral @kev-w

Hope the pump clinic goes well @karen8967

I got into a bit of trouble last night, over at the Type 2 section of the forum. My side of the story is I was defending the right of an 84 year old to eat a pear if he wants to, others may see it a differently. But my twitter identity started to reveal itself, I'm quite argumentative there.

Anyway, still lots of micromanaging going on, so blood sugars have no choice but to behave themselves at the moment. Though sensor runs out this evening. I could put a new one on now, to break it in a bit. I haven't been keen on doing that, but..........I might.

I think there is a risk of this freestyle libre enabled inner control freak that I've discovered, spilling out into other areas.

Reactions: porl69 and Knikki

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
I got into a bit of trouble last night, over at the Type 2 section of the forum. My side of the story is I was defending the right of an 84 year old to eat a pear if he wants to, others may see it a differently. But my twitter identity started to reveal itself, I'm quite argumentative there.
I stay away from the type 2 section completely, and sections that don't concern or interest me in any way really so I'm not aware of the discussion, but how can it possibly be controversial to suggest someone eating a pear?

Reactions: Alison54321

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I stay away from the type 2 section completely, and sections that don't concern or interest me in any way really so I'm not aware of the discussion, but how can it possibly be controversial to suggest someone eating a pear?

I was just wasting time looking at the recent comments. Apparently pears are too sweet. He'd had a year of too high sugars, and had sorted that out, but was feeling tired, and weak, and wanted to get more exercise. Which seemed an easy enough question.

But he posted the food he'd eaten, and I said it sounded healthy, but the low carbers don't approve of pears, and said he was eating too many carbs. So I got into an argument about the virtue of pears, amongst other things . Which didn't go down well, at all.

So now you know.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry late on parade today, so can anyone else vouch for reheated pasta not having the same carb profile to 'normal' pasta? as last nights reheated pasta dish didn't and with having a beer or two last night resulted in a hypo at 4am, although I'm pleased to report I didn't over react and woke at the usual time with a resounding 5.6!

@kev-w all the best mate for this afternoon.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't have a fruit salad on Sunday that contained bananas, apple, pineapple, peaches, grapes, melon, strawberries or oranges and I certainly didn't have ice-cream with it either........:p

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reading some of the low carb discussions started to make me feel guilty about eating bananas.
I was starting to reconsider the interpretation of the bible and wondering whether bananas were the "forbidden fruit".
It is refreshing to read about others eating fruit on this thread.
I had apricots and nectarines for breakfast and plan some pomegranate for lunch.

Have at least one a week as they're my favourite. I have them as a late sort of mid morning breakfast as my ratio is lower by then to accommodate them.

I didn't have a fruit salad on Sunday that contained bananas, apple, pineapple, peaches, grapes, melon, strawberries or oranges and I certainly didn't have ice-cream with it either........:p

That most certainly is not a large braeburn apple sitting next to my picnic style lunch today :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@kev-w - will be thinking of you today, hope all goes well xxx

@karen8967 - best of luck for the pump clinic.

@Alison54321 - I saw your posts in that T2 thread, I’m sorry I didn’t join in to defend what you were saying, but I couldn’t trust myself to not really let rip at the sanctimoniousness and attacks - I really can’t afford a ban from the forum as I rely on you guys too much for support. If you get to 84, a bit of fruit ain’t gonna be the end of the world, is it? I was feeling very irrational and grouchy because of the heat, so thought discretion was the better part of valour there. I’ll pop over in a bit to chime in my 2p before I get too hot and rage at everything...

Anyway.... So what the b*ll*cks is THIS all about???? Went to bed at half eleven on a stable and happy 7.6 with half a unit to bring it down to around five... Have replaced all my insulin with fresh stuff from the fridge in case the heat has killed it. Dinner was prawns (injected for) with egg fried zero rice and a tiny bit of broccoli. 3g carbs, so should have only put my up by 2mmol max with the protein. :meh: And despite all my lovely tech, complete with high glucose alarms, it’s only as good as the spanner operating it. I’d accidentally put all the alarms on a 10 hour snooze...

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. T1 is doing the same thing over and over again and getting totally different flippin’ results. :banghead:

874A5902-517E-4D0F-9FE4-1C980E75F6E8.jpeg

Hope you’re all having a better day than me? Can’t tell you how much this little group thread makes me feel better about my T1, so thank you all for the support, chuckles and whatnot x

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

@Alison54321 - I saw your posts in that T2 thread, I’m sorry I didn’t join in to defend what you were saying, but I couldn’t trust myself to not really let rip at the sanctimoniousness and attacks - I really can’t afford a ban from the forum as I rely on you guys too much for support. If you get to 84, a bit of fruit ain’t gonna be the end of the world, is it? I was feeling very irrational and grouchy because of the heat, so thought discretion was the better part of valour there. I’ll pop over in a bit to chime in my 2p before I get too hot and rage at everything...

Anyway.... So what the b*ll*cks is THIS all about???? Went to bed at half eleven on a stable and happy 7.6 with half a unit to bring it down to around five... Have replaced all my insulin with fresh stuff from the fridge in case the heat has killed it. Dinner was prawns (injected for) with egg fried zero rice and a tiny bit of broccoli. 3g carbs, so should have only put my up by 2mmol max with the protein. :meh: And despite all my lovely tech, complete with high glucose alarms, it’s only as good as the spanner operating it. I’d accidentally put all the alarms on a 10 hour snooze...

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. T1 is doing the same thing over and over again and getting totally different flippin’ results. :banghead:

Hope you’re all having a better day than me? Can’t tell you how much this little group thread makes me feel better about my T1, so thank you all for the support, chuckles and whatnot x
Thanks mel

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Sorry late on parade today, so can anyone else vouch for reheated pasta not having the same carb profile to 'normal' pasta? as last nights reheated pasta dish didn't and with having a beer or two last night resulted in a hypo at 4am, although I'm pleased to report I didn't over react and woke at the usual time with a resounding 5.6!

@kev-w all the best mate for this afternoon.

Not sure with this "re heating pasta" malarchy!!!! BUT if it works then I will be cooking pasta a few days in advance then reheating it when I want to eat eat :)
BG is now 3.8 so banana it is

Reactions: CranberryIce

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
Like @Mel dCP I limit my posts and try to avoid being, well, me, when I post on here because if I did I would almost definitely get banned pretty quickly, and I stay away completely from sections and topics I have nothing to contribute to. That said, all these seemingly militant low carbers seem to fail to understand the benefits of a lot of foods and seem to only care about the weight gain or blood sugar from it while ignoring all the other things that benefit the body.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Don't worry about not defending me, I ran away in the end, myself, before it raised my blood sugar.

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So what the b*ll*cks is THIS all about????

Are you looking for a proper sensible answer to this question? If so you're on the wrong thread! :playful:

But with my proper sensible head on I'd say it was down to it being a monday night...............

:sorry:

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like @Mel dCP I limit my posts and try to avoid being, well, me, when I post on here because if I did I would almost definitely get banned pretty quickly, and I stay away completely from sections and topics I have nothing to contribute to. That said, all these seemingly militant low carbers seem to fail to understand the benefits of a lot of foods and seem to only care about the weight gain or blood sugar from it while ignoring all the other things that benefit the body.

Yes.