World Cup Snacks

Jaz006

Hi guys,

What snacks can I eat whilst watching the World Cup?

I so don't want to become a bore i.e. someone who can't eat or drink anything from the buffet table. I will hit the shops later to see what I can get. I absolutely will not be 'making stuff as I'm not that kind of a gal. :)

Are there any healthy snacks out there. I am mourning the crisp aisle and the chocolate aisle and the cake aisle and the......:arghh:. I miss Papa John's once a week. (Other pizza companies are available).

Reactions: Jayden2407

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys,

I so don't want to become a bore i.e. someone who can't eat or drink anything from the buffet table. I will hit the shops later to see what I can get. I absolutely will not be 'making stuff as I'm not that kind of a gal. :)

Are there any healthy snacks out there. I am mourning the crisp aisle and the chocolate aisle and the cake aisle and the......:arghh:. I miss Papa John's once a week. (Other pizza companies are available).
Cheese, pork scratchings, nuts, olives, cold cut meats/sausages... Hope this helps!

Reactions: Jayden2407

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys,

Hi, I know you said you don't want to cook, however, this isn't cooking its blasting in a microwave.

Salami slices layered between kitchen roll. In my microwave I find 2 mins on high about right, (you may need to experiment) once cooled you have delicious crispy crunchy crisps.

Another tasty snack, this is a little bit of cooking, but, can be done while something else is in the oven. Cut halloumi cheese into fat chip size pieces, wrap each one in streaky bacon, cook until bacon is cooked, I do turn mine so the bacon crisps all round and I do cook them really well as I like my bacon on the crispier side. These can be eaten hot or cold and are very moreish. I made them a week or so ago and posted a picture, didn't know what to call them but they have been christened halloumi thingies.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another tasty snack, this is a little bit of cooking, but, can be done while something else is in the oven. Cut halloumi cheese into fat chip size pieces, wrap each one in streaky bacon, cook until bacon is cooked, I do turn mine so the bacon crisps all round and I do cook them really well as I like my bacon on the crispier side. These can be eaten hot or cold and are very moreish. I made them a week or so ago and posted a picture, didn't know what to call them but they have been christened halloumi thingies.

How about Goats in Blankets? Halloumi is traditional made with goats milk isn’t it?

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How about Goats in Blankets? Halloumi is traditional made with goats milk isn’t it?
OK, I'm happy to go with that suggestion @Rachox
I wonder how many more we can add to the list?
Piggies in blankets
Goats in blankets
??? :)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys,

We are giving cauliflower wings a try.. intreagued but found the idea on Pinterest

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far I have stayed away from chocolate but as a treat I guess it's ok. I just don't want to get the craving for it back if that makes sense.

I understand that. Give 100% a try, you can’t eat much of that at once! ;)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far I have stayed away from chocolate but as a treat I guess it's ok. I just don't want to get the craving for it back if that makes sense.
Yes, absolutely. But if you want to dip a toe in chocolate, Hotel Chocolat make wonderful 100% cocoa drops. You can eat about 5 for 1g carb and, as Rachox says, the taste is so strong you probably wouldn't want to OD on them. I allow myself 5 a day and count them out each morning. Maybe allowing one or two extra if I'm VERY active.