Type 2 Trulicity & Ongoing Nausea

Frustrated24

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

So I am a T2DM on Insulin, who has recently started on Trulicity once a week injection to help with better control.

I have one question or comment, can someone please reassure me that the ongoing nausea, Sulphur belches & vomiting do actually stop. I feel naff, I do not want food because of the nausea, and when I do manage to get something down me, I then feel really sick and have a horrid epigastric pain.

I am really not sure that I can cope with this for many more weeks.

Zoe.billy

Hi All,

So I am a T2DM on Insulin, who has recently started on Trulicity once a week injection to help with better control.

I have one question or comment, can someone please reassure me that the ongoing nausea, Sulphur belches & vomiting do actually stop. I feel naff, I do not want food because of the nausea, and when I do manage to get something down me, I then feel really sick and have a horrid epigastric pain.

I am really not sure that I can cope with this for many more weeks.
It does get easier the sickness does go away, have you taken any Anti sick tablets,
My sulphur burps come and go.

Adel1988

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
I had this and was ongoing and put me back on metformin slow release which I was on before that also made me sick and still is at least it’s not has bad has the trulicty

Radinator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I took it for 4 weeks last great 5 and it just got worse as time went on. It isn't suitable for everyone so don't feel disheartened.

Frustrated24

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Having been on insulin for nearly 15yrs i am fully aware of the consequences thank you.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You have been on insulin since you were 28 and they reckon you have Type 2?