Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I got there! Raised over £900 for charity, too - mainly because nobody sponsoring me thought I could actually make it. Dislocated my knee three times on the way down and permanently damaged it, so it’ll be the train for me if I even do it again. So I’ve got two out of the Three Peaks, at least. Did Ben Nevis years ago before I fell to bits.

Oh crumbs ouch that sounds painful

Great that you raised a lot of money what charity profited?

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @db89 I did indeed see it and that quote was fully in my mind when I posted, I hadn't in the past noticed this affect until last night and I'm not sure if it was the pasta or the beer that induced the hypo (could well be the timing of both and the insulin). The pasta was not frozen and was actually still luke warm when I radiated it with tiny microwaves!

It was hot and tasty, I had a couple of beers after, was surprised to have a 7.9 before bed (was expecting it to be much higher - it usually is with an evening like this) and I'd have usually done a smaller correction and probably still woken slightly raised the next morning.

@Mel dCP having just read your post and I agree with you...............so it must have been the beer..........or conversely to you're monday night!
I’m T2 diet controlled and can eat some types of bread (which I keep in the freezer and take a slice or two when wanted) and reheated pasta without too much effect on my BS and @Alison54321 I have been known to eat the odd pear or apple

Reactions: hh1 and slip

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Tony337 that does not sound good.o_O

Lake District? Love the place go up at least if not twice a year always end up in Keswick has one of the finest chip pies, Thai and good pubs, plus a huge chocolate shop :)

That chocolate and sweet shop mmmmmmm

I go there for the lake not the sweeties ..... honest

Reactions: Knikki

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Good morning or should I say ' Good Moaning'. High levels overnight with no relief after hefty boluses.
Thought: it had to be the needle insert of the pump not delivering the dose correctly.
Needle insert changed as soon as waking. Strange: no sign of kinking or leaking of needle insert.
Awaiting the miracle of insulin's effect.
If still not better, the insulin might be 'off'. Ahs the joys of TID !!!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I feel ****!!!!!!!
Trusty dexcom is showing me running along at just above 4 all night. Just outside alarm range.:banghead:
Got up feeling sick, light headed and absolutely no appetite. Sure signs of being low.
Seems I'm gonna have to give that one to my diabetic buddy, crafty bu**er, getting me whilst I'm asleep.:)
If all is fair in the world then I guess it stands to reason that at least one of you guys has had a brilliant night with no problems
Onwards and upwards, albeit feeling ......... well you can probably guess my current feelings.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Have a great day everyone.:)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@therower as I'm not wearing a sensor at the mo I can't say my night was good, but I did go to bed on a 6.something and woke to an 8.3 so I can only assume I had a good steady night! :angelic: Yesterday was a good day too - BG tests ranged between 4.3 and 8.6, even with a couple of 2hrs after food tests!

today will probably be the opposite - just because :shifty:!

Reactions: Fairygodmother