Type 2's R Us

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey @Bluetit1802 were you happy with your check up other than the weight thingy? I just read the bit of GP noting "diabetes resolved" and back dated it!! Does that take you off the list for the services for diabetes? I live in Canada so that's why I'm asking.....I don't get anything tested unless I go and ask, so I think it is good that you all in the UK have systemic checks....Cheers/L

Going this afternoon to get the laser measurements done for my upcoming cataract surgery in August....L

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey @Bluetit1802 were you happy with your check up other than the weight thingy? I just read the bit of GP noting "diabetes resolved" and back dated it!! Does that take you off the list for the services for diabetes? I live in Canada so that's why I'm asking.....I don't get anything tested unless I go and ask, so I think it is good that you all in the UK have systemic checks....Cheers/L

Going this afternoon to get the laser measurements done for my upcoming cataract surgery in August....L

I am receiving the same excellent care I have always had. I have a full health review with the diabetes nurse once a year, having already had my bloods taken a week or two beforehand. All by letter invitation. Never needed to chase it up. Then I have an interim appointment with a health care assistant at 6 months. She takes my bloods, does all the usual obs like blood pressure, urine dip, weighing and whatnot. Again, all by letter invitation. My blood results all appear on line within 24 hours. I have recently been for my retinal eye screening, so am still on that list.

I can give my GP surgery 5 stars and a gold medal. But it does win awards, so is clearly one of the good ones.

Good luck with the cataract stuff. My friend had both her eyes done earlier this year and has thrown away her glasses!!

Reactions: SueO246

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A new place for us type 2's to have a chat,post glucose numbers, some banter and even a whinge amongst ourselves

how is everyone ?
I thought "type2 life" thread was for that? Mind you very rarely on there these days.
Great to see fellow type2s having fun. :) :) :)

Reactions: james11

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My cat is a real horror at bringing in mice, frogs and toads! The real problem is when the fly eggs hatch into maggots which change into flies!!! Then we realise that they have crawled under the furniture to die!
One of mine also brings us grass snakes - one was about 2 foot long

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my 6 monthly bloods this morning. The HCA weighed me. I had weighed myself earlier. I appeared to have lost 5lbs in 2 hours, possibly more as I wasn't wearing clothes the first time. I asked if her scales were correct. She weighed herself and said they seem right. I hope my scales are the inaccurate ones, but somehow doubt it because I have 2 sets, and both sets agreed. I wasn't arguing about it. :)
Lucky you - my drs scales always add 5lbs on!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Bump it up.

Had a letter today giving some results of blood tests at hospital neurology.

It seems due to some changing circumstances my neurologist is considering me coming off prednisolone if possible where he had said previously that I was on them indefinitely, I would be ecstatic to rid my self of them.

Unfortunately the main reason is I am at risk of chronic Lymphocytopenia pneumocystis also I have raised MCV and creatinine and my GFR still at 50 but folate at 1.9 so all in all a bit of a mixed bag HbA1c is still in normal range.

Reactions: james11

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Type2 life thread is lively again but still no new posters there either @JohnEGreen. I think the low carb bandwagon has bored people into posting elsewhere.
I hope people come back for some giggles soon. It has got far too serious, for most people.
I hope we are get sorted out better soon. :)

james11

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Type2 life thread is lively again but still no new posters there either @JohnEGreen. I think the low carb bandwagon has bored people into posting elsewhere.
I hope people come back for some giggles soon. It has got far too serious, for most people.
I hope we are get sorted out better soon. :)
Very true icki

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would just like somewhere to post where other type 2's could help and give advice. The original Type 2 fasting thread was what I used but when restarted no chat and seemingly no questions. Very few post on Type 2 Life so I don't feel I would get any helpful replies.

woldsway

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I would love to post on type 2 life but not to be preached at by holier than thou people. mostly it's a supportive place and I love hearing how folks are doing, I like a good moan or two myself but don't need to be lectured. I've read some good advice on there actually and will continue to read it. Sorry for the moan!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I would love to post on type 2 life but not to be preached at by holier than thou people. mostly it's a supportive place and I love hearing how folks are doing, I like a good moan or two myself but don't need to be lectured. I've read some good advice on there actually and will continue to read it. Sorry for the moan!
I like type2 life and now this evolving one. In fact all posts where we can all join in and not feel uncomfortable or lectured.
How has your day been today? Mine has been very busy but the last day of 3day induction for my 11yr old son's new senior school. I've been his chaperone to and from with admin to complete on top of motherly duties of keeping him right and smartly dressed. We've done well.
And breathe!
Effort that has been truly worth it. Loads of walking in the sun. I must make a note on my exercise log thread. If I remember.
Do you like the sun?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I would just like somewhere to post where other type 2's could help and give advice. The original Type 2 fasting thread was what I used but when restarted no chat and seemingly no questions. Very few post on Type 2 Life so I don't feel I would get any helpful replies.
I really really miss that thread, how it was!!!! :( :( :(

woldsway

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I like type2 life and now this evolving one. In fact all posts where we can all join in and not feel uncomfortable or lectured.
How has your day been today? Mine has been very busy but the last day of 3day induction for my 11yr old son's new senior school. I've been his chaperone to and from with admin to complete on top of motherly duties of keeping him right and smartly dressed. We've done well.
And breathe!
Effort that has been truly worth it. Loads of walking in the sun. I must make a note on my exercise log thread. If I remember.
Do you like the sun?
Hi nice to 'meet you'. I'm not a stalker but have followed your posts for a while, hope you don't mind. You have a very busy life! I'm sure you wouldn't change the mother part of it though and well done for surviving the induction. Ive been at work all day and the hot weather is starting to make me ill. My bg is always higher when I'm hot. Doesn't help that I work in a portacabin either. Then it's 12 miles home to feed the hungry males, hubby and 15 yo grandson who lives with us, all I get mostly nowadays are a few grunts as he disappears to his bedroom! O the joys of having to go through all this again. I used to love walking but arthritis slows me down now so the dog has short walks too.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm determined to keep my walking up so planning a walking session tomorrow and Saturday but home cooking on Sunday. I'm enjoying the weather when I'm in doors around the fan but not when it's beating down on my face in the blazing sun. My feet keep cramping up. Ouch!

How are others doing?
I havent seen @eddie1968 around for a while.
Please feel free to tag others who you have seen posting lately.
Gosh, it feels like a seance! Ha ha

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Everyone looking forward to the weekend? I've received my surgeon appointment for less than 2wks time and I'm very excited and bit nervous. He has done loads of ops and some additions/corrections from procedures. I feel in good hands.
A great fresh restart to my diabetes care and obesity problem. A chance I will make full use of. I see it as starting from scratch, like a baby starting to eat and then weaning. A brand new stomach.
I looked after my children's stomachs so I know I can do the same for me. From all indications I was premature and was started off on solids/weaned too early. I had diabetic symptoms by the time I was 6yrs old.
This is my chance to put this misjudgement right. I'm hoping to gain a few more decades of healthy living. Less insulin too. Smaller body =less insulin. Less chance of things going wrong and less need for corrections.
A rebirth, for me. :) :) :)