Dexcom And Apple Watch

RMSko

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the G6 and am really happy with it. One of the things I really like about the Dexcom app is the ability to see readings on my Apple Watch. However, throughout the day there are many times that I have to click on the watch face complication in order to get a reading (I had to do that with the Dexcom G5 app also). Does anyone else have this issue and if so is there a way to fix it so that it continuously shows the reading?

Assuming this is just a glitch with the app, is there any other reliable app that works with the Dexcom app that provides current readings on the Apple Watch? Sugarmate does it well, but it uses the calendar to do it and I don’t want to give up my calendar so that one is out. I also tried WatchSugar, but the information is delayed by 15-30 minutes so that won’t work either. Anyone have any thoughts?

ThePenguinPimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm not sure of the latest as don't use the system myself but have heard that xdrip is a good app so might be worth checking out theres a fb group for it.

RMSko

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not sure of the latest as don't use the system myself but have heard that xdrip is a good app so might be worth checking out theres a fb group for it.
Thanks but I don’t think it’s available for iPhones or at least I don’t see it in the App Store in the US.

MoonSpirit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I decided to resist upgrading from G4 to G6
Until Dexcom sorts out their software to allow direct pick up on a watch, without having to go via a smart phone