Latest Blood Results

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not the best results but then I didn't expect miracles as I had been eating badly after losing my husband.

I didn't get too much detail but that's nothing new as the nurse is useless. Liver, kidney and iron all normal. Blood pressure still high despite meds and to be retested in 2 months. HbA1c gone up to 45 ( 6.3)....told I am pre diabetic...well wow who knew...they told me I was diabetic several years ago lol. I expected that to have gone up so am not overly concerned as it should come down now I am eating better. Has to be retested in 6 months along with cholesterol. She offered to put me on some programme to 'educate me' ....I declined as they still expect the 'Healthy Plate' to be a huge part of it. Cholesterol up to 6.4....(got told off for that)...risk of heart attack or stroke 8%. I need to improve things and will strive to do so the best I can. Weight 9stone 8 pounds...BP 141/80....things can only get better hopefully

Reactions: Lamont D

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not the best results but then I didn't expect miracles as I had been eating badly after losing my husband.

I didn't get too much detail but that's nothing new as the nurse is useless. Liver, kidney and iron all normal. Blood pressure still high despite meds and to be retested in 2 months. HbA1c gone up to 45 ( 6.3)....told I am pre diabetic...well wow who knew...they told me I was diabetic several years ago lol. I expected that to have gone up so am not overly concerned as it should come down now I am eating better. Has to be retested in 6 months along with cholesterol. She offered to put me on some programme to 'educate me' ....I declined as they still expect the 'Healthy Plate' to be a huge part of it. Cholesterol up to 6.4....(got told off for that)...risk of heart attack or stroke 8%. I need to improve things and will strive to do so the best I can. Weight 9stone 8 pounds...BP 141/80....things can only get better hopefully

Hi Gezzabelle and welcome back, although obviously I wish the circumstances differed. I just really wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of your loss, and that I hope you have many happy memories of the time you had with your husband.

Don't be a stranger.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Gezzabelle and welcome back, although obviously I wish the circumstances differed. I just really wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of your loss, and that I hope you have many happy memories of the time you had with your husband.

Don't be a stranger.
Thank you so much for your kind words...very much appreciated. I have to admit I have lost my way a bit with all that's happened over the last 2 years but I knew exactly where to turn.....right here on the forum. The lovely people here have seen me through some hard times in the past and I know you will again. I had 40 wonderful years with my husband and I know he would want me to take good care of myself and not give up so here I am....a work in progress and hopefully on the right track again now

Reactions: Clivethedrive

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much for your kind words...very much appreciated. I have to admit I have lost my way a bit with all that's happened over the last 2 years but I knew exactly where to turn.....right here on the forum. The lovely people here have seen me through some hard times in the past and I know you will again. I had 40 wonderful years with my husband and I know he would want me to take good care of myself and not give up so here I am....a work in progress and hopefully on the right track again now

You know, Gezzaabelle, I often rrefer to the forum as having a revolving door. It's surprising how many who leave - each for their own valid reasons, return again to rejoin where they left off.

Of course it can't be any surprise that you could have meandered a bit, in terms of your control, over rercent times. I hope you're beginning to find yourself some new routines, and hopefully as the routines embed, so will your renewed control.

Take it steady, and don't give yourself a hard time for being human.

Reactions: Gezzabelle