Accu Check Lancet

Hamza3313

Hello, the accu check mobile device we bought for our grandparents does not release a Lancet, the button to release on the right hand side of the device is already fully pressed down. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20180705-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20180705-WA0004.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 569

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, the accu check mobile device we bought for our grandparents does not release a Lancet, the button to release on the right hand side of the device is already fully pressed down. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
If you mean remove the entire lancet device, there is a lock on the back of the Accuchek which you slide to the right and hold. Then you simply slide the lancet device downwards. If you want to change the lancet itself, it couldn't be easier. Just pull the tip off that has the number of lancets on and then pull out the lancet barrel and replace with a new one.

dipsydo

Yours does not look precisely like mine . So I can only explain how mine works and see if helps you . You never actually see the lancets as they are in a drum and the button to push the lancet into the skin is at the top and the white button moves the lancets in the drum
The way my accu check works is that there is a drum of 6 lancets . To prick your finger you press the top and a small prick is made . The lancet does not move on automatically so the white button is to move onto the next lancet in the drum you move it sideways and back i.e. will go 5, then it is ready for use then after next use you move it on to 4, etc.When you have used all 6 lancets you just pull the drum out from the bottom and insert a new drum and the pen will revert to 6 . The 5 to 1 at the bottom gives you the depth which the lancet will go 5 is the deepest and you can move round to get the right depth for the person who uses it .
Hope this helps

D

Deleted member 308541

You have to firmly press the top of the lancing device to lance your finger.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After the suggestions above, if it still does not work, get in touch with Accu-Chek and they should send a replacement.

cri07007186

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It may be jammed from the lancet drum not sitting correctly, i would try changing the drum first. Also some times the thickness of the lancet is not enough and can be adjusted by turning the dial at the bottom on the lancet (.5-5)

Also, Inside the box you will find details of how to go about registering the device, when you do so Accu-chek will send you replacement devices, batteries etc.

Hope you get it sorted