Keeping On Keeping On

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello dear friends, me again just logging on with my annual blood results. Up a point to 45, which is what I expected, being somewhat distracted by the onset of CLL (which is still dormant, thank goodness). I doubt if my HbA1C will ever go much lower but I'll be making sure it doesn't go any higher.
Eating is still an exciting adventure and exercise has broadened with a summer kayaking course (water's warmer).
I'm especially pleased with the cholesterol results, having started statins again in March. Here's what hughcalc
http://www.hughcalc.org/chol-si.php says ...

Feb 2018
Your Total Cholesterol of 7.70 is HIGH RISK
Your LDL of 5.02 is VERY HIGH RISK
Your HDL of 2.21 is OPTIMAL
Your Triglyceride level of 1.02 is NORMAL
RATIOS:
Your Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio is: 3.48 IDEAL
Your HDL/LDL ratio is: 0.440 IDEAL
Your triglycerides/HDL ratio is: 0.461 IDEAL

July 2018
Your Total Cholesterol of 5 is DESIRABLE
Your LDL of 2.99 is NEAR OPTIMAL

Your HDL of 1.97 is OPTIMAL

Your Triglyceride level of 0.09 is NORMAL

RATIOS:

Your Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio is: 2.54 IDEAL

Your HDL/LDL ratio is: 0.659 IDEAL

Your triglycerides/HDL ratio is: 0.046 IDEAL

Many many thanks once again for all your advice and especially for introducing me to keto rolls, which have proved a welcome replacement for our much lamented Lidl rolls.

Reactions: Lamont D and dbr10

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, great news! :)

Just one question...Are you taking CoQ10 to protect your cells alongside the statins?

Reactions: dbr10

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello dear friends, me again just logging on with my annual blood results. Up a point to 45, which is what I expected, being somewhat distracted by the onset of CLL (which is still dormant, thank goodness). I doubt if my HbA1C will ever go much lower but I'll be making sure it doesn't go any higher.
Eating is still an exciting adventure and exercise has broadened with a summer kayaking course (water's warmer).
I'm especially pleased with the cholesterol results, having started statins again in March. Here's what hughcalc
http://www.hughcalc.org/chol-si.php says ...

Feb 2018
Your Total Cholesterol of 7.70 is HIGH RISK
Your LDL of 5.02 is VERY HIGH RISK
Your HDL of 2.21 is OPTIMAL
Your Triglyceride level of 1.02 is NORMAL
RATIOS:
Your Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio is: 3.48 IDEAL
Your HDL/LDL ratio is: 0.440 IDEAL
Your triglycerides/HDL ratio is: 0.461 IDEAL

July 2018
Your Total Cholesterol of 5 is DESIRABLE
Your LDL of 2.99 is NEAR OPTIMAL

Your HDL of 1.97 is OPTIMAL

Your Triglyceride level of 0.09 is NORMAL

RATIOS:

Your Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio is: 2.54 IDEAL

Your HDL/LDL ratio is: 0.659 IDEAL

Your triglycerides/HDL ratio is: 0.046 IDEAL

Many many thanks once again for all your advice and especially for introducing me to keto rolls, which have proved a welcome replacement for our much lamented Lidl rolls.

Keto rolls?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Especially adding CLL into the equation. Keep up the good work! Interesting to see that the breakdown of your cholesterol in Feb highlights your total cholesterol and LDL as high risk, yet your ratios even then were ideal, just shows that looking at the total is so misleading.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely to see you again, @DeejayR , and also to hear you're managing to keep the pesky CLL at bay. I often think of you when I bump into my neighbour who has looooong standing CLL. He is currently more troubled by gout than the CLL, and somewhat grumpy it's impacting his golf. He is still but very much looking forward to his forthcoming 80th birthday though.

You can't keep a good man down.

Keep fighting the good fight, and don't be a stranger. :)

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, great news! :)

Just one question...Are you taking CoQ10 to protect your cells alongside the statins?
No I'm not. I read about the benefits when this was being discussed on here but then I'd stopped taking statins. Perhaps it's time to start CDoQ10!
EDIT Decision! Just ordered a batch.

Last edited:
Reactions: zand