Velothon Wales

Kelp2112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Job done 60k in 30° heat... happy days..
IMG_20180710_190325_176.jpg

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kelp2112 . I have to admit your first post did get me wondering.
Velothon Walez. Initially I thought it was a condition :) . On looking at the post I then decided it was a bike race........in Poland:). A google search of velothon walez, led me to velothon wales. Revisit your post and wow I then see the Welsh flag. It took me a while but I got there in the end:).
If I'd have seen this post first then it wouldn't have been half as much of an interesting evening.:)
Congratulations and well done.
Any times??????????:)

Reactions: Kelp2112

Kelp2112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It said it had not posted my first try.. ******... ah well yes Velothon Wales it was.. raised a few quid as well.. I'm type1 so been training hard... 60k in 3hr 2mins... very happy with that..

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well done @Kelp2112 great effort - how did you manage your insulin through this ?

I’ve just come back from a 45 minute ride - my bg levels were going up and up and have managed to knock them back into shape - amazing what a quick burn can do !

Attachments

• E6F9EB2F-053C-47A0-AD4E-A004DB47F6D6.jpeg
    E6F9EB2F-053C-47A0-AD4E-A004DB47F6D6.jpeg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 157

Kelp2112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well done @Kelp2112 great effort - how did you manage your insulin through this ?

I’ve just come back from a 45 minute ride - my bg levels were going up and up and have managed to knock them back into shape - amazing what a quick burn can do !
Well at the start i was 14.9 going down slowly checked on route will try and post a pic now for you..

Kelp2112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well at the start i was 14.9 going down slowly checked on route will try and post a pic now for you..
After about an hour into the ride i was 9.1 and going down, i had a Sis gel and continued, another hour later i was 6.5 and level another gel, at 12.39 i was 7.1 level and had another gel, at 13.16 when i had finished the ride i was 6.3 level. So not to bad really.