1st Of 18 Diabetic Course.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
@Wilber123 - I'm not surprised you packed it in. I was offered the chance to go on the 18-week course after having endured a one-day course (mandatory, apparently) much of which was spent sitting on my hands when the dietician was doing her spiel I turned down the 18-week one flat. I didn't want to be talked at for 18 weeks.

Reactions: dbr10

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Ahhhh thank you to you all.
I tried to speak to the GP this am. Guess what!!!!! He’s on Holiday.
So I proceeded to explain to the receptionist. Where she kept laughing. I asked. “ Did she have experienced of this course” she laughed some more.
I explained that in my humble Opinion the course was a slippery slope to hell. It was a waste of hard working tax payers taxes. (I paid my taxes all my life and worked 12 hour shifts)
I said I was not prepared to sit in the room with much older and again fatter people who diets must be horrific, wasting my time.
I always have eaten what I consider s good diet. No cake biscuits or crisp. Or rubbish. I am 5ft short, weighing 8st 7. No exactly badly overweight.
No disrespect intended to the people doing this course but the GP did say to me that because of my high family history of diabetes that my issues are not diet related.
So I’m wondering why there is not acknowledgement of the low carb way of treating our Diabetes. Or maybe a different course for Hereditary diabetic patients.
The book Iv been given by the course trainer, are saying 80 plus g of carbs. Bread paste rice parsnips and loads more. All the stuff that spike my BGs
So........
Iv refuses to do the course, and Iv requested to have an app with the Diabetic nurse, ( The receptionist said she was very good) in between laughing.
I’ll hope to have an appoint next week. I’ll post and tell you the outcome.
Thank you for your great support.

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I said I was not prepared to sit in the room with much older and again fatter people who diets must be horrific, wasting my time.
I always have eaten what I consider s good diet. No cake biscuits or crisp. Or rubbish. I am 5ft short, weighing 8st 7. No exactly badly overweight.
No disrespect intended to the people doing this course but the GP did say to me that because of my high family history of diabetes that my issues are not diet related.

Are you secretly my twin...?

I’m 5ft short. 8st-ish. Family history of diabetes.

My GP has been fine with what I’m doing with a low carb diet, eating and adjusting to meter reading and has seen it works. He does always say though that I am not his average diabetes patient...!

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sounds like the course I went on with my Dad, I was literally so mad I was crying by the end. 'Eat a little of what your want, of course bread is OK, bananas too, rice, potatoes etc' total waste of effing money as you say. Good luck with the 'diabetic' nurse xx

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Have to wait until Monday until GP back in Duty.
I live in hope but as said before. His manner is unapproachable.