Monitoring App

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What apps do you use?

I’ve been using one called glucose companion. Not totally happy with it but it’s not bad. I took a look at mySugr and that actually seemed less useful/easy to use on a quick look.

I want to log bg readings, HbA1c scores and be given estimates, able to make a brief note of what food I’ve eaten, be able to specify before or after meals/activity etc and in a perfect world not just have upper and lower levels but it identify pre and post meal ranges separately in some way. Oh and definitely want pretty graphs so I have a visual check on progress. Does this exist?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ha ha! Funny you should mention those two apps, I use both! I like the graphs on Glucose Companion but I like the estimated HbA1c on MySugr!

D

Deleted Account

I'd like an app where you take a picture of your finger next to a plate of food.
It calculates your BG from the colour of your finger and the number of carbs on your plate ... then tells your pump how much insulin to give you.
Unfortunately, this is not available (just yet).
As stopping myself from eating for long enough to prick my finger is a challenge, I lack the patience to enter loads of detail into any app.

(Sorry for disrupting your thread with the wanderings of my mind.)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha ha! Funny you should mention those two apps, I use both! I like the graphs on Glucose Companion but I like the estimated HbA1c on MySugr!

I might be using it wrong but the graph shows only seem to use one reading from each day rather than all - my main gripe with companion. And it’s too small, I want the whole screen so I can see it properly.

And entering it all on one is quite enough especially as I’ll do more detailed food on mfp and exercise on Fitbit too. Could one app sync or integrate it all? Mfp insists on adding calories to daily allowance for exercise, that I don’t want it too, unless I pay for pro so don’t sync that to Fitbit for that reason.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just thought? As this is newly diagnosed thread could a mod move it to discussions where “older” members might have more experience with different apps

Probably easiest if I repost there in the meantime

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just thought? As this is newly diagnosed thread could a mod move it to discussions where “older” members might have more experience with different apps

Probably easiest if I repost there in the meantime
I’ll move it for you as duplicate threads aren’t allowed. Where would you like it?

Edit, as you can see I’ve moved it to Ask a Question.

Last edited:
Reactions: HSSS

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5471F357-4ECC-43F7-AD50-E568542136D9.jpeg
I might be using it wrong but the graph shows only seem to use one reading from each day rather than all - my main gripe with companion. And it’s too small, I want the whole screen so I can see it properly.
I think you are looking at the graphs in ‘month’ mode, see where I’ve circled the ‘M’ in the top pic, if you tap on ‘D’ circled in the bottom pic you’ll get all your readings in the one day. Year mode is good too as you can really see the trends then.
Are you viewing it all on your phone? I have it downloaded on n my iPad too for a bigger view, it’s easy to sync both devices.

Reactions: Sani Thomas

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9E163F1C-A9DA-42DF-8E99-7EF20BB70E4E.jpeg
View attachment 27547

I think you are looking at the graphs in ‘month’ mode, see where I’ve circled the ‘M’ in the top pic, if you tap on ‘D’ circled in the bottom pic you’ll get all your readings in the one day. Year mode is good too as you can really see the trends then.
Are you viewing it all on your phone? I have it downloaded on n my iPad too for a bigger view, it’s easy to sync both devices.

THanks for moving it

Yes I did have it on months not days. I assume it uses the daily average as it’s point in week,math or year then? I can’t find a guide so trying to work it out myself. How have you got two graphs? I only have one (attached above for some reason)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 27548

THanks for moving it

Yes I did have it on months not days. I assume it uses the daily average as it’s point in week,math or year then? I can’t find a guide so trying to work it out myself. How have you got two graphs? I only have one

Yes the month graph has an average for each day, as does the week one. The year one shows an average of each month.
I don’t have two graphs, I just used an app called Pic Stitch to show both together.

Edit to correct a typo

Last edited:

meardonna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

And entering it all on one is quite enough especially as I’ll do more detailed food on mfp and exercise on Fitbit too. Could one app sync or integrate it all? Mfp insists on adding calories to daily allowance for exercise, that I don’t want it too, unless I pay for pro so don’t sync that to Fitbit for that reason.
My sugr doesn't use 1,reading from each day to Calculate. It wont give hbac estimate umless you have multiple readings from a few days. It does show and average reading.i know my sugr could be improved but it is a good eady to use app. im sticking with it till I'm shown or find something even better. From ones ive looked at they all pretty much the same

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Diabetes Forum mobile app

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I use MySugr for all of it - doses, meals, carbs, meds, activities, moods.... everything. The reports it generates are quite detailed, the summary sheet is very useful. Via Spike, I can feed my Libre data into it as well. The estimated HbA1c needs seven days of data, it’s oretty accurate. I’ve been a user since it was first launched.

I also upload my Libre scanner to Diasend. While the phone/tablet app is pretty basic and not brilliant, the website gives a very detailed breakdown. My care team can also see it in real time, and as I add all my carbs and doses onto the scanner when I take a reading, we can discuss issues over the phone as they have all the info on their system without waiting for me to go in and upload my meter.

Reactions: halmaxwell

jillsymes66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude ignorant people
I like mysugr if you know yr carb to unit ratio it takes the guess work of how much insulin to take if you program it properly. Think it's aimed more at kids but I'm a big kid at heart anyway.

jillsymes66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude ignorant people

I use pro along with lchf diet and it's definitely worth paying the extra.

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Maybe someone with a better grasp of technology could help me here as well, I use a kindle fire and mysugr won't work, any good likewise alternatives, if I'm encroaching or hijacking here please forgive me, lol, I'll go away soon enough.

Reactions: HSSS

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like mysugr if you know yr carb to unit ratio it takes the guess work of how much insulin to take if you program it properly. Think it's aimed more at kids but I'm a big kid at heart anyway.
Im type 2 so this doesn’t apply to me. Good that it’s working for you though