exercise and health

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey guy do any of you guys who exercise regular feel as thow exercise improves your health and well being. do you get ill and colds flu less and would you say cuts heal quicker?.

D

Deleted Account

I don’t know any it my physical,health because I have maintained a reasonable level to f exercise since before diabetes.
However, if I miss exercise for a week due to work or travel, I get very grumpy and restless.
Exercise certainly improves my mental wellbeing ... and I guess if you feel better you are more likely to be able to fight off minor niggles.

Lina333

I started attending gym not long ago, but I really feel better. But it is important to choose a proper complex of exercises. Personally I use tutorials from this source. It helps me not only to choose good exercises, but also provides me with all necessary information about nutrition.

Kelp2112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I cycle a fair bit, do light weights at the gym along with using a watt bike there and I feel loads better. Don't get ill. Might have the sniffles but generally very good.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Can't do without exercise , a few days without it and i'm going up the wall. I cycle ~ 30 km every working day (all seasons and weather) and most summer weekends I fit in a longer 90 km ride. I also run at least once per week and if it's terrible weather or i'm injured then I'm on the rower.

Had 1 cold since diagnosis ~ 7 years (when I was inactive during a holiday ~ 5 years ago). Exercise keeps my BS in the non-diabetic range , keeps me slim and feeling good. Cuts/blisters heal nominally as I'm in the non-diabetic range for BS.

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I walk and no walking means weight gain, higher blood sugars and general restlessness coupled with poor sleep. I rarely get colds and my mental health is improved by walking.