New Meds From My Docter Metaforim 3 Times A Day

suikersiekte

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sleeping to much not active enough
sorry for the discussion on the first line, i went to see my doc week ago because of constant high readings, and was tested in consultation room and the the change in meds as i also had a irregular heart beat so i was put on metoforum 3 times a day and a cardio blocker 1/2 in morning and the other 1/2 evening the latter part is much better hart beat regular, but my sugar test did come down from 18+ to 11,2 mlo today,hopefully it will continue to come down only side effects tummy running a bit and some what dry cough hopefull that will ease over time also feeling bloated most of the time,maybe due to old age lol regards suikersiekte south africa

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. The bloating may be the Metformin which is quite a common problem. It should recede but if it doesn't see whether you can be prescribed the Slow Release (SR) version of Metformin. I suspect the cardio blocker may be causing the dry cough as some of these drugs are known to cause similar symptoms. Do read the leaflet for the blocker drug and Google the web. BTW Metformin never has a big effect on blood sugar and having a low carb diet will always help a lot.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sorry for the discussion on the first line, i went to see my doc week ago because of constant high readings, and was tested in consultation room and the the change in meds as i also had a irregular heart beat so i was put on metoforum 3 times a day and a cardio blocker 1/2 in morning and the other 1/2 evening the latter part is much better hart beat regular, but my sugar test did come down from 18+ to 11,2 mlo today,hopefully it will continue to come down only side effects tummy running a bit and some what dry cough hopefull that will ease over time also feeling bloated most of the time,maybe due to old age lol regards suikersiekte south africa
Are you taking your Metformin with meals? This is supposed to reduce it's annoying effects on the digestive organs.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"The bloating may be the Metformin which is quite a common problem. It should recede but if it doesn't see whether you can be prescribed the Slow Release (SR) version of Metformin."
I was changed from regular metformin to slow release and it caused bloating and cramps so went back to the normal one.

Reactions: kitedoc

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @suikersiekte,
Please report your symptoms to the prescriber so that you do not have to put up with these for too long.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Metformin fills me with wind unsure if it affects everyone but boy oh boy that wind is noisy when passed jeezzzzzz