Is Anyone On Dapagliflozin/?metformin Combine Tablets

emmamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all I've just been put on these new tablets there ment to help pass sugar, does anyone suffer side effects ? I seem to be one imparticular that's rather annoying just fed up at moment :( Tia:)

collectors

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, yes, i have been taking 1 x 10mg tablet a day for about 6 months. It was to try & take me off Gliclazide, but it didn't agree with me & about 2 weeks ago i went back to Gliclazide & feel a lot better for it.
It was to also help lose weight, which it did, but gave me a massive thirst & trouble going for a wee. I don't get this anymore.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all,

Yes i am on this med it suits me better than all the other meds i tried for diabetes heps with weightloss too.
I love it i am staying on it.

Diligent 500.

kejh83

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there, I too have been on this medication for around 5 months and started fine. All of a sudden the last 4/5 weeks I've had thrush on and off every few days and an extreme thirst. I thought maybe it would just pass but thinking I might have to go change them. I can't keep going on with the thrush.
Anyone else had side effects? Thanks

wookie101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I'm not on your one, but I've just started 'SynJardy' which is Empagliflozin with Metformin. And have been told to expect thrush and urine infections, but (I'm about to Jinx myself) and say I've been luck so far. but I'm just entering my 2nd week on these.

I've been drinking alot more water and as a result visiting the loo alot more, not to mention that I was on the slow release version of metformin before and I don't think these pills are the slow release version.....

I am hoping because of how these work, to have better control of my overall blood sugars especially if I manage to lose weight..

I just thought I'd add that to show that you're not alone, not the same combination as you, but very similar.

Reactions: kejh83