hba1c 9.1, couldnt stop crying in dieticians office

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Laura
wow did'nt you put your points to him :D You hve achieved more than you realise now .I think the rest won't be as difficult now :D
Unlike my speeling :lol:
JF

Lauraann

Dislikes
chavs !!
lol don't worry about your spelling, just reread my posts and see I keep missing letters out, must be down to my new nails :D xx

zhaith

well done :) glad you had a more positive visit with the consultant today, I know the veggy thing is hard as is no choccy but i think you will soon see a change in your levels when watching the carbs i have no experience with the atkins bars/shakes, but if you dont mind meat and like stirfry's they're a really good way of hiding some of that pesky veg we dont like.

I had one tonight 1.5 breasts of chicken, some mushrooms, cabbage, peppers beanshoots and ok a tiny ickle bit of carrot mixed in with the chicken with sainsburys Teryaki and ginger stir fry sauce it's really easy and really tasty as well and for a premade sause not to bad on carbs either :) recipie isnt off a site anywhere just something i knocked up :)

(Advertising link removed. Google for information)
HTH

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Good for you, Laura! Well done for sticking to your guns! :D

I've never tried Atkins shakes or bars, too expensive for my budget, but check them for carbs and if they fit into your daily allowance, why not?

Have you decided how many carbs you're going for, on a daily basis? The diet I suggested gives you about 20g daily and will really show results - why not give it a go until you see the dietician again in 3 weeks, just to see how well it works for you? The basic diet is very easy because you don't have to count anything - stick to that and you'll be on 20g of carb per day, and all the vitamins and minerals you need. You may even get to like it - I did!

At the moment I'm aiming for no more than 70g of carb per day. Today I've had 50g. I eat the basic diet and then count the carbs in anything else I eat.

If you really can't cope without chocolate - Green & Black's 85% cocoa solids choc has 15.4g (I think) of carb per 100g - that is, per bar. I love really dark chocolate - much more bang for your buck! - and difficult to eat too much. But it has to be TREAT ONLY! :shock:

Keep us informed - you can do it!

Viv :)