What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 4.1 for me this morning :) Went to see Dn yesterday for INR check and she wanted to weigh me as she had not seen me last time. I have hit the 3 stone off mark:happy::singing::smug: and still got 2 weeks to go before MOT. She was very pleased with the results and with my Bg levels (I took my chart in from June) She cant wait to see my HbA1c results!! Think we may have converted her to LCHF She was a bit against it when I told her what I was doing, but I have proved it works.:happy:

That’s a great result, well done on both counts - weight loss and converting DN to lchf.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@rhubarb73 The hug is for your mum, you are doing well at 2 months.
Mr sun has shown his power about 3 hrs earlier today here so hot, hot hot on the menu. Squeaky bum time for dropping metformin for me - another over the threshold (5.5) at 5.7 after promising initial run of sub 5s. Mrs P has had a virus and I may have a touch of it plus, unrelated to hot weather, sleep hrs have tailed off. Resting pulse now getting back to good levels at 59 so maybe time to admit defeat and return to metformin. :mad:

Ian, don’t know when you dropped metformin but as that is such a little tiny bit over ur threshold and u may be ailing and ur sleep is poor- then perhaps u just need more time to adjust without the met?

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 4.1 for me this morning :) Went to see Dn yesterday for INR check and she wanted to weigh me as she had not seen me last time. I have hit the 3 stone off mark:happy::singing::smug: and still got 2 weeks to go before MOT. She was very pleased with the results and with my Bg levels (I took my chart in from June) She cant wait to see my HbA1c results!! Think we may have converted her to LCHF She was a bit against it when I told her what I was doing, but I have proved it works.:happy:

Fantastic results on all counts Terry- what a lovely post to read. Really well done.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and for today only all sports fans including self serving , expense fiddling politicians ...Last day of foot the ball and tennis. If Mrs J starts watching GP's , Golf and Cricket after this last month of sport the idiot box is going. Just before you pious sports fans start on me I loved sport playing it not watching. Rant over.

A 6.8 for me this morning.

Have a good day folks my activities are planned until Mrs J arises from her pit / lair, then the day is a mystery.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic morning here - sun streaming down, pigeons cooing, miles of orchards and cereal fields full of produce. I have seen to chickens and dogs, watered food and flowers now for tea. 5.2 for me today so below the "100 line". @Goonergal back with a great fbg. @JohnEGreen hope the lower fbg doesn't translate into problems.
@karen8967 notice you were shattered last night - hope you slept the sleep of the just. The only sleep better is the sleep of the just after:angelic:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

a bit cooler this morning and it rained overnight. The grass is starting to look green again :)
Loads of little birds around the feeder this morning and I plan on picking some gooseberries and some blackcurrants today at mum's hopefully.

Have a good day everyone :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
and I plan on picking some gooseberries a Have a good day everyone :)
@geefull fantastic numbers again, Rain and greener grass - no rain seen here since at least May 20th. Don't envy you picking gooseberries really horrible job. I am sitting in a room built on land which was once my grandfather's gooseberry field. Summer of 1976 picking gooseberries was horrible had to start at 4.00 am. Some literally cooked on the bush. The only nice ones are the red ones when very ripe and very rare golden variety. Now plums are a whole different matter I love them and made serious money pulling them as a student. Enjoy your day.