Colonoscopy

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having procedure tomorrow and on Pump. Had breakfast but have I got to survive on Lucozade and clear soup for next 24hours? Reduced TBR to 50%. Is there anything else I need to do?

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Regular sprite is also clear.

I didn’t enjoy the cleanout procedure, but it will give you the ability to test your basal rate.

iHs

Good luck for tomorrow. The procedure isn't wonderfully pleasant but isn't awful. Make sure that after swallowing the liquid dynamite, that a toilet isn't too far away and that there is plenty of toilet paper. Also, a tube of Savlon is welcome relief. You can ask to be semi sedated so have that. I watched the procedure on a monitor and the doctor
Explained it all to me which was facinating looking at my insides. Afterwards, the nurses will look after you and bring you a nice cuppa and something to eat and you will be allowed home when the sedation has worn off.
Make sure that your basal rates don't make you drop low.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I must be an anesthesia lightweight- I didn’t remember any of it! Based on what they found, I had to repeat the procedure. I had them done in the morning and woke up sometime in the afternoon at home. I was thankful for it to be over, and to be home, but I don’t remember how I’d gotten there.

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had the procedure this am. Not nice. No sedation. The throat bit was horrendous. I think the day preparation ibefore is even worse. I had a 40% TBR ON BOTH DAYS and it worked very well. just had a small Bolus unit for lucozade
drinks. Yuk!! Got out very quickly and feel A1.

Reactions: enzina

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well, I hope it all comes back fine and you won’t have to repeat it any time soon :)

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Doing the prep work is a time when you can confirm if your basal rates are doing what they’re supposed to be doing.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Well done Gemma for sailing through the procedure!

Every five years i have to have a colonoscopy as well but on Saturday will be my first since on insulin. I had to call the DSN and she said tomorrow i should take half of the Lantus and Novorap only in the morning. Saturday also half of the Lantus. Now i feel a bit scared, i'm glad i have the Libre, will test constantly.