What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. I’m not good today. Physically battered but emotionally struggling.
After a tough day yesterday I caught up with some friends. The wine was flowing. I felt fine but stood up and immediately the blood went from my head and then my legs and I fell flat on my face. That has never happened to me before in my life.
I’m scarred, bruised, scared, embarrassed. It’s a lesson learned. I’m so upset. I’ve been doing so well for 2 months and I go and do something stupid!
Oh and 6.5 to add insult to injury.

Oh no! Must have been horrible for you. Were you sitting in full sun? I can’t tolerate that now, but used to love it.
Your scars and bruises will heal soon but your confidence might take a bit longer. Sending a hug your way.

Reactions: flexi06

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Oh no! Must have been horrible for you. Were you sitting in full sun? I can’t tolerate that now, but used to love it.
Your scars and bruises will heal soon but your confidence might take a bit longer. Sending a hug your way.
No I was in shade. Just wine and a weak body.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No I was in shade. Just wine and a weak body.
@rhubarb73 I would definitely check blood pressure if you don't already do it. Weight loss and low carb are often linked to a drop. I have never had an incident such as yours but bp has definitely dropped and after exercise I have classic symptoms of low bp.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I hope not! Today is St Swithin's Day.
St Swithin's Day, if it does rain
Full forty days, it will remain
St Swithin's Day, if it be fair
For forty days, t'will rain no more.
And right now am not sure which would be worse 40 days of rain or 40 more of sweltering heat.

Reactions: karen8967

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
Had a blood test the other day & have appointment with my DSN in a couple of weeks time. (90 day morning average reading is 4.9 , guessing what my HbA1c is likely to be this time ?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I just checked and it’s 117/69 (median) which isn’t super low but is very low for me (i average 135/82) so opens up the possibility that it did crash last night. Not going to take my Ramipril today. Will also be avoiding the red, white and rosé.

Might also be to do with hydration and/or electrolytes in this weather.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Goodnight all sleep well
IMG_20171127_062508_365.jpg

MrsGruffy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So stoked. Seems I've turned a corner. Last 3 days have been 4.8, then 4.2, and then 4.2 again today! I also had a 3.9 before bed 2 days ago. If this is a new trend, I guess I'll be looking at lowering my metformin dose. Patience, all you grasshoppers - persistence will pay off!