Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, and in particular @Goonergal very impressive average, hope your shins survived ok.

Today I’ve done just shy of 14,000 steps which included walking to the PO depot to collect a parcel - I’ve always driven there but it was a very easy and pleasant walk as I cut through the park.
I’m thinking Ivshould spend a lot more time on Amazon and get more parcels that won’t fit through the letterbox, to encourage more walks like that.

Also did 15-20mins cardio/ strength exercises

Reactions: kev-w and Japes

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Retraced my steps today as in went back to how I did things 3 years ago when I started this process. Performance was obviously better but effort/hr was just as high back then. 10k steps and 3 lots of 20 mins static bike at average 115 bpm. Had a good impact on bg so I need to mix up the type of exercise and repeat.

Reactions: kev-w and Japes

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I managed a light leg session on Friday, squats just with dumb bells at my side, I've a knee problem rearing its head, probably from using the leg press the week before and it's a little painful at times, and I managed a swim with the young un yesterday for 40 minutes which although wasn't an exercise session left me aching a bit :)

Hopefully a light shoulder session this afternoon when the bairn goes back, hopefully :p

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Finished the week at 195 miles, or 314 KM. It was hot and humid today- I cranked through every water puddle on the road to try to help me stay cool. I wished the irrigation systems in the fields were strong enough to spray me riding on the road.

Now I have another bike to wash.

Reactions: kev-w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

@DJC3 shins seem to be holding up fairly well.

Racked up just over 19,000 steps today and that was after faffing around unpacking and reorganising shelves and cupboards to fit in holiday purchases (came home with an extra suitcase).

Had a long walk along the canals in East London and down to Canary Wharf before taking the dlr to Greenwich for my favourite walk home along the Thames, with a visit to Waitrose en route. Back to Pilates tomorrow and must get the gym back on my radar. Maybe its air conditioning will be an incentive.

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
The hot dry weather had produced swarms of corn flies and they just love my hi-viz cycling jacket. It's bad enough when on the move, but if I stop I get covered within seconds. If I cycled with my mouth open I'd get a high protein feast!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Very hot today and dry since the end of May so no grass to cut. I will have done 11k steps by the end of the day. I did 3 sessions of 30 minutes on the exercise bike heart rate averages 123, 107 and 117. Not good by many people's standards but way beyond where I was 3 years ago so I guess it will have to do.

Reactions: kev-w and Jollymon

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just over 10,000 steps
Spent 40 mins dancing in the kitchen ( too much wine with dinner I think)
2 lots of 10-15 min strength/ cardio type exercises (squats leg lifts arm weights with tins of beans, which are no longer considered food so may as well be useful as gym tools)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been somewhat frustrated this past week or so nursing the sore tendons on my left foot, and taking things easier than I'd planned. It's definitely paid off as I've done two full days of walking yesterday and today and whilst I'm aware of them aching if I do too much, they are more or less back to normal.

However, I've been looking back at my walking records - and I'm still way ahead of where I was target-wise this time last year, despite several illness/injury/weather-related setbacks this year, so have given myself a good talking to, reminded myself I'm streets ahead of where I was 3 years ago, and will now stop whinging about it!

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Just over 10,000 steps
Spent 40 mins dancing in the kitchen ( too much wine with dinner I think)
2 lots of 10-15 min strength/ cardio type exercises (squats leg lifts arm weights with tins of beans, which are no longer considered food so may as well be useful as gym tools)
So you are a 'Has Bean.' ;)

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Japes and @ianpspurs you both mention that you are way beyond where you were 3 years ago. I think this is the key. psychologists and motivating types may say look forward to your goals but I find that looking back at how far Ive come to be far more encouraging. I struggled to do a lap of the lawn this time last year.
Well done both of you - keep moving on ( but with an eye looking back)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

13,185 steps today - no special effort, just clocked up in the course of the day. Supplemented by a return to Pilates.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Monday chest session for me, feeling the break in routine but managed to lift the 34kg dumbbells x 4 which was better than last week tho lighter than I'll lift in a couple of weeks says he, hopingly but anyway, now it's just a matter of getting a routine going again whilst I change basal insulin from Lantus to Tresiba in the next few days.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was another day of 3 x 30 mins exercise bike - after each meal. Also managed 10K steps. Not exactly sure that does much good for either fitness or bg control except make me feel I am doing something. Average HR 110 so I must have done my 20 mins cardio.

Reactions: Goonergal and kev-w

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Changed my training schedule around, so deadlifts last night, technique, technique so 150kg 6x5 then a pull 0f 185kg x2 just to test the new technique out, so it went well. And to top it off I received an email offering me a place at the competition in October that I had set my sights on, The Andy Bolton deadlift Challenge, but had to turn it down due to eye surgery in the beginning of September gutted isn't in it. Always next year though.

Take care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Changed my training schedule around, so deadlifts last night, technique, technique so 150kg 6x5 then a pull 0f 185kg x2 just to test the new technique out, so it went well. And to top it off I received an email offering me a place at the competition in October that I had set my sights on, The Andy Bolton deadlift Challenge, but had to turn it down due to eye surgery in the beginning of September gutted isn't in it. Always next year though. Take care everyone.
@johnpol Nothing I write will make up for missing out but you have the invite as proof of your accomplishments and will have eyesight improved and technique honed even more by next year.

Reactions: johnpol and kev-w

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@johnpol Nothing I write will make up for missing out but you have the invite as proof of your accomplishments and will have eyesight improved and technique honed even more by next year.
I had set my sights on this comp having done the very first one last year, but I spoke to Andy Bolton himself (The greatest Powerlifter this country has ever had) who told me to recover and come back next year better than ever, so that is what I will do. I must have my sight sorted out first, but hopefully I will be better next year.

Reactions: DJC3 and kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No exercise bike today took it as a rest day. Forgot to put pedometer on so relied on fitbit. No lawn mowing or machinery so reasonably accurate 15k+ even if I discount to 12K not wonderful but not couch potato either. Bgs a bit MEH but nothing bad - bullet dodged.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Around 14k steps today: 2 short deliberate walks and some pottering.
A few sets ofleg exercises, squats, lifts etc

@johnpol I’m so sorry to hear of your disappointment re the competition, but AB speaks sense - you will be back next year, and better than ever!