Tee2 From Spirit Healthcare

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was just answering a thread about buying a BG meter and when I went to the Spirit Healthcare website for the link to the free Tee2 meter, noticed it is no longer listed. They now have only the Caresens Dual and the Tee2+ for which they are charging £9.99. Still cheap, but the advice to newbies needs to be updated.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was just answering a thread about buying a BG meter and when I went to the Spirit Healthcare website for the link to the free Tee2 meter, noticed it is no longer listed. They now have only the Caresens Dual and the Tee2+ for which they are charging £9.99. Still cheap, but the advice to newbies needs to be updated.
Thanks @Goonergal . Will alert @DCUKMod to this.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had been told that too, so I have amended the info I post regarding the tee 2. Thanks for highlighting it though.

Reactions: Prem51

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for highlighting that to me Pipp, but as far as I can see, the DCUK provided information for new folks doesn't make reference to any specific meter?

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/

@Goonergal - Am I missing something, could you maybe add more context?
Apologies, I had seen the mention of affordable BG monitoring systems and attributed it to DCUKMod, when it was Rachox who mentioned it and had acknowledged the info came from @Bluetit1802 .

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for highlighting that to me Pipp, but as far as I can see, the DCUK provided information for new folks doesn't make reference to any specific meter?

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/

@Goonergal - Am I missing something, could you maybe add more context?

Hi. Sorry for any confusion, was meaning the information generally posted by a number of folks when people first sign up/ask about meters rather than that posted by daisy1 or any other ‘official’ info.

Reactions: Pipp and Rachox

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp and @Goonergal - No worries both. I just wondered if a few senior, goldfish brain moments had joined up to conspire against me. (No paranoia here at all. :) )

Reactions: Pipp and Goonergal