Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Enjoy i finish next friday for a fortnight were off to santorini for sons wedding are you going anywhere nice
Currently in Wedmore Somerset. Us and our grandkids. Having a great time. Weston-super-Mare is???????? typically British:)
A wedding and a holiday? Sounds like you’re the lucky one.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.8 for me, my lazy day got busy but my readings have been ok, 1 spike over 10 after tea but a correction jab sorted that, another day carrying my ladders on my shoulder as I've clean forgotten to sort out a roof rack for the car, EBay was my freind for a cheap fitting kit but I'd shorted the cross bars to suit my last car but anyway :)

Reactions: karen8967

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@therower - I grew up in Bridgwater...

I’m heading for bed on a 5.4 :)

I worked as an entertainer in a holiday camp in Burnham-on-Sea... Back in 91? (Just up the road.)

Late basal @ 5.4.. Seriously... Lol, lost track of time watching a Rising Damp documentary..
Had a 3.6er at 20.30? (Which I felt.) Treated & had a low carb supper.. (Which I thought I would need to correct later? Time now midnight.) Lantus & the current heat wave... Full of surprises! My basal has usually tailed off by now.

K

Knikki

Yeah I guess that does take the “ long acting “ sales pitch to a new extreme.
It would have to be split doses. Half now and half at Venus.;)

Yep that works rather well and I also pack cucumber sandwiches and lashings of ginger ale :D

After yesterday's "interesting" afternoon all night I stayed round the mid 4 :woot: woke up, mid 4 stuff face with enough breaky to send a low carber running for the pitchfork and burning torches now low 5.

Today is going to be good :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
stuff face with enough breaky to send a low carber running for the pitchfork and burning torches now low 5.

quote of the day I think!

Morning all, weekend was.........horizontal! (not my graph though!) Couch and I are best of buddies, the missus is exhausted, fetching and carrying........wish I could say my back is better but it's not.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I woke around 4am at 4.3 so had a couple of dextrose tabs but woke late at 7.45 with the Libre saying low, this has happened a couple of times recently and I'm sulking now as I'd got rid of night-time hypos and I'm quite unimpressed they've returned, no diet, insulin or method change other than the porridge type and that's after I get up so won't affect the next nights basal.

So I've just come off the phone to the diabetes centre having asked for the script change to Tresiba so with luck that'll get sent to the GPs surgery as they could see it on my notes :)

Windows to clean when I get my balance back :p

Edit, clinic nurse phoned me back, with a view to having me in but as I explained my proposed dose reduction and that I'd not be able to adjust for weekends so planned to use my bolus for adjustments she was happy enough with that so is faxing the GP the script change :)

My eldest kid's 25 and I'd moved to Lantus well before she was born thinking about it, but hey, what could go wrong :p

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hypo of 3.3 to finish off the weekend, think my Fiasp got to work before the tagliatelle in my late evening meal. :depressed:
Glucotabs in and an upwards arrow imitating a rocket on the Libre. :D

Goodnight to all those off to bed.

Bless you

Reactions: Knikki
K

Knikki

@kev-w What difference are you hoping the change fom Lantus to Tresiba will do?

Will it make the night time more level and manageable and hopefully stop the hypo's?

What is the diffence between the two and what abot Levimer? Seems that is also a favorite.

How goes the Porridge- Sarga's?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Still the weekend for me, long weekend. Woke to a 5.3 just now, which was straight all night, so well happy. Can hear the grand daughter downstairs so best I get my backside out of bed and sort some breakfast out

K

Knikki

@Knikki @db89 I'm trying the change seeking a flatter and consistent baseline than I get from Lantus as it seems to do different things day to day, I'll not know unless I try.....

Arh! OK Cool be good to see how you get on.

Never tried other insulins myself, never thought about it to be honest, but reading around here I wonder if it is something I should experiment with :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, woke at three with a 2.4, which was nice. Been a while since I had one of those! Might be something to do with the bottle of wine I quaffed last night...

@kev-w & @Knikki - it’s worth a try, the Tresiba. Most of the time it keeps me very stable, although I do have to split it to get the best effect. Might not be so good if you like to adjust your basal to suit the day’s activities though, it’s stability brings inflexibility.