Broken Wrist

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not much good to self employed contractors here in Australia, hence my post. I had one when I was working for wages to cover any accidents / sickness which pulled me out of the doo on several occasions.
the OP is in the UK.

Davie_sett

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i think there alright in the uk so i guess i could see the job centre and i think get a weekly payment and i think they help with rent and stuff it will have to wait until next week becouse im away on holiday tommorow for a week

Davie_sett

Type of diabetes
Type 1
IF you can afford it. IF you are not on a zero hours or gig economy job. IF you are not on minimum pay with no extras. I have put the links up thread for a reason, the National Insurance self employed people pay is there for a reason, use it @Davie_sett and all the best to you.
im not really making much money as a self employed labourer its like a a sub contractor it seems like im just working for someone but with none of the benefits of being employed

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Really? Surely if the self employed pay NI they should get the same as everyone else? (Just a question, I'm not arguing :))

It is a much lower rate of NI to reflex the lower sickness cover. But do check with a benifit advisor as a broken wrist may be covered. The other option is to sign on as unemployed saying you are giving up labouring.

Also look at housing benefit.

Duncan57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Best go to your local citizens advice office where you will get advised as to what you can claim.