What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, had a long weekend off and my BS behaved all weekend with an average of 6.2, sodding get up on a Tuesday morning and its 11.1 !!! Really? ahh well back to chasing the rainbow today. Annual review next week.......I await the usual telling off (get one regardless of what my HB1AC is)

Take care everyone.

Last edited:

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dang it, my meter unstuck itself - 5.8 for me this morning! Though it might have something to do with the portion of my homemade Baileys strawberries and cream ice-cream I had yesterday evening... Off for a walk around Bilsdale Head today with a lot of ascent and descent. I'm tired just thinking about it!! Hope everyone has a good day :)
~Heath

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.1 same as @JohnEGreen. @rhubarb73 good on you for the jogging yesterday endorphins will help the mood and mood is not substance.
26 years ago today our youngest son was born at 2.10 pm. Within 2 hours, after I had collected his brothers, he was in mortal danger as they were trying to force feed him smarties! I am off to see what my MRI, on my back, from April 23rd actually means as the letter says implications to be assessed on examination. Then waiting for 2 new granddaughters due between now and 26th at the latest. Have a good day folks.

I love the Smarties story!
How exciting waiting to be a grandad again - twins or 2 different sons?
Hope the MRI results are useful.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I love the Smarties story!
How exciting waiting to be a grandad again - twins or 2 different sons?
Hope the MRI results are useful.
The girls are 2 different sons. In theory first 1 in Southampton due about now and latest date for Suffolk one is 29th but their date is earlier. Mrs P will agitate to go to Southampton but I'm far less bothered.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
It’s a long time since I worked in such a place but in my day we used boxes of a syrup mix blended with a common supply of soda. The diet drinks were low calorie but came through the same pipes. If the operator started pouring full fat then realised the mistake they could switch to diet with barely a thumb movement- on flavour you’d never know.
When in pubs now if I order a G&t I ask for the slimline tonic in a bottle for that reason.
@rhubarb73 thanks for the info maybe from now on I’ll buy a bottle or can of Diet Coke or Coke Zero from Tesco :)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone pre bed last night I was 6.0 took me a while to fall asleep due to stomach pains but after a few chapters of my book I was out for the count anyway my BG is 4.9 today :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 at 8:00 after a horrible night’s sleep 100 grams of carbs yesterday , because I got ill at fitness on no carbs ; so did take some carbs there because I thought I would end up wommiting if not gettng any carbs , well it helped rather fast , but destroyed my plans of another 20 grams carb day

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all members of the media who are now approaching their busy period where they will have to fabricate more lies to publish.

A 6.1 for me this morning.

Well folks have a constructive day, try and bring a smile to somebodies face.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

picked rasps, gooseberries (ouch!) and blackcurrants yesterday at mum's, mowed some grass and then cooked barbeque (burgers, sausages and side salad with coleslaw), so I'm feeling like a day out today, perhaps a nice walk and with lchf lunch ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)