Food & Drink Items You Utterly Loath.

Derbyshire Boy

No apology necessary, Derbyshire Boy. I enjoyed every bite and it cheered me up no end, thank you. So, feel free to come out of your corner and treat yourself to something equally yummy ( Not fish!) Best wishes.:)
Ahh, I've just treated myself to a medium sized bag of peanuts...

Shiba Park

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sloppy soft boiled eggs (plus other "slippery foods" - I just hate the feel :yuck:) , bullet peas (remembered from ancient times school dinners) , bones in fish, low fat yogurt (tasted like watery chalk when it frst came out)...
Oooh - I wish you hadn't mentioned slippery foods. I've just un-forgotten the raw cod's testicles I was given in Tokyo... Take my word for it, in culinary terms, they really don't need to be 'supplied' in pairs!

Shiba.

Reactions: Derbyshire Boy

Derbyshire Boy

Oooh - I wish you hadn't mentioned slippery foods. I've just un-forgotten the raw cod's testicles I was given in Tokyo... Take my word for it, in culinary terms, they really don't need to be 'supplied' in pairs!

Shiba.

That sounds like a lot of bol..... ohhh forget it...! :hungover:

MikeZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Certain veggies that my mom used to literally force me to eat. She would shove them into my mouth and force it down. To this day I gag when I smell them. I won't let anyone feed me either. If my wife wants me to taste something, she has to hand me the spoon and let me feed myself.

Lally123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eggs, all types of beans, avocado, lettuce, cucumber, guacamole, celery, pork, weetabix, radishes, broccoli, kidneys, watermelon, olives, beetroot, other 'earthy' tasting foods, all foods that taste 'green' , sloppy sauces all over food......im a bit fussy!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Soyabeans in their shells in a wok , I hate to get this green shell in my mouth, I also hate Rum, and old danish Bitters makes me freeze from disgust and Gin which I find should be used on mens skin when they have shaved and is really not for drinking.... and I dont understand why people like thick almost whiteyellowish curry sauce

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetic considerations or associations aside, which items of food or drink do you loath and even shudder at the thought of?

I actually have very few, but the main one for me is Brussel Sprouts. When I was a nipper, my mum said "eat your Brussels up, you'll love 'em when you're a big boy...". Well, I'm now 61 and weigh... too much. I can't get much bigger. I still hate the things. The devil's bogies, that's what they are.

Other things I hate? Marmite, avocados, most seafood (particularly prawns and kippers) and fruit cake/Christmas cake.

You?

Yes brussel sprouts taste awful

Derbyshire Boy

Yes brussel sprouts taste awful
Apparently, there is a gene that some people possess and others don't, that makes a certain sulphur-based chemical in Brussel sprouts taste bitter, to those who have it.

I suspect myself, my dad, my son and my brother all have it, as we all hate the vile veg...

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was the bones (and skin) in fish that put me off fish generally.
I have nightmarish memories of being made to eat a portion of particularly rank & bony fish by a sadistic teacher, but then rushing out straight afterwards to throw up.

I had a similar ecperience whne I was very young, probably about six - I'd refised to eat something on my plate and said I felt sick (probably at the though of it) and the teacher was holding me and trying to force it into my mouth and I was clenchig my teeth to stop her and she was bashing the fork against my teeth. It's just this little sniippet I remember 70 odd years later - I don't even know now what I was actually refusing to eat - but obviously something I really hated as I was normally quite the opposite of assertive! :yuck:

Robbity

ETA I don't suppose they'd get away withthat sort of behaviour now - as i reckon treating a child in sich a manner would be considered abuse.:mad:

Reactions: Garway

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Shiba.

:eek::yuck:
The mind bogglis! And I've just bought myself a nice ??? piece of cod!

Robbity

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it was called cod loin, but it was either from a lady cod or a nice neuitral neutered one as there was not a single boy's bit (aka testicle) in sight - thank cod!

Robbity

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Nuts
Mushrooms
Brussel Sprouts
Currants
Marmite
Sushi

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Marmite
Sushi
Smoked salmon
Stinking bishop cheese
Lemon curd
Sweet mince pies
Most chutneys
Most curries
Most spicy foods, especially Mexican.
Tripe
Spam
Chopped pork
Cheap chicken roll
Cheap sausages
Lime pickle
Anchovies
Olives
All lettuce except iceburg
Tomatoes (fresh)
Tinned tomatoes
Etc... Ha ha

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Marmite
avocado
sushi
dripping, bleurgh (I dont think people do that anymore dripping on toast)

I will try anything once but I'm a bit against the idea of oysters - anyone tried them?

MikeZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Marmite
avocado
sushi
dripping, bleurgh (I dont think people do that anymore dripping on toast)

I will try anything once but I'm a bit against the idea of oysters - anyone tried them?

I've had raw oysters a few times. They taste like snot. If you put lemon on them they taste like lemony snot.

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Chilli anything spicy!and butter beans,Christmas pudding,Spaghetti,WhiskyRum,Oxo cubes,Malt loaf,Most healthy stuff i can't stand!!!