A Bit Of Encouragement....

mrsspenny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, just a word of encouragement for anyone struggling with their blood glucose and wondering if the low carb programme is worth the effort: it really works! I have been overweight for 35 years and diabetic for four years. At Easter my fasting BG was 23.9 and I felt awful. My GP put me on 320mg Gliclazide daily and upped my Metformin to 2000mg daily. I started the Low Carb programme (around 80mg carbs each day) with regular daily BG testing and over the course of the last few months have dropped 3 dress sizes. Most importantly I have reduced my fasting BG to around the 5-6 Mark. My GP has gradually reduced the Gliclazide until last week when I stopped taking it altogether. I still have more weight to lose but am hoping to reduce or stop taking Metformin in the future too. I know that the medication has helped enormously but I also know that the low carb diet has made a massive difference and armed with my newly acquired knowledge of carb values and my body’s reaction to them I feel a degree of self control and confidence I thought I would never feel again. I wish everyone struggling all the very best in their journey and feel so privileged to be part of such a supportive community.

Reactions: MikeyJ

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work! I bet you’re looking forward to your next HbA1c!

Reactions: mrsspenny

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, just a word of encouragement for anyone struggling with their blood glucose and wondering if the low carb programme is worth the effort: it really works! I have been overweight for 35 years and diabetic for four years. At Easter my fasting BG was 23.9 and I felt awful. My GP put me on 320mg Gliclazide daily and upped my Metformin to 2000mg daily. I started the Low Carb programme (around 80mg carbs each day) with regular daily BG testing and over the course of the last few months have dropped 3 dress sizes. Most importantly I have reduced my fasting BG to around the 5-6 Mark. My GP has gradually reduced the Gliclazide until last week when I stopped taking it altogether. I still have more weight to lose but am hoping to reduce or stop taking Metformin in the future too. I know that the medication has helped enormously but I also know that the low carb diet has made a massive difference and armed with my newly acquired knowledge of carb values and my body’s reaction to them I feel a degree of self control and confidence I thought I would never feel again. I wish everyone struggling all the very best in their journey and feel so privileged to be part of such a supportive community.

Very, very well done Mrsspenny. The statistics coming out from the programme are very impressive indeed.

(Three dress sizes is expensive!)

mrsspenny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very, very well done Mrsspenny. The statistics coming out from the programme are very impressive indeed.

(Three dress sizes is expensive!)
Haha I got the trusty sewing machine out