Dexcom G6

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
tried to restart the sensor today but it did not work, will try again tomorrow and I will put my phone in the miccrowave to block all signals this time and I will post my findings then

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
well tried again but to no avail so a little dissapointed

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I looked for that but I have an iphone

Chris Bowsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I took the leap and installed my G6 last night.

I have never used a CGM before so i was a bit nervous. I used Skin Tac and a Grif Grip. Turned out to be easy.

If i think about it too much being on my body i feel a tiny bit queasy.

The Android set up and installation ran without hitch.

It was accurate within 0.5 mmol for the beginning and has worked perfectly for the last 12 hours.

I've noticed a 5 - 10 minute lag on fingertip values.

AM VERY IMPRESSED HENCE CAPITALS.

Reactions: DunePlodder

T1Dad

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Awesome...great to hear such positive feedback.
Can't wait to start...even though we are delayed as had to stick on another Libre whilst on family holiday. Oh well, 2 more weeks.

Chris Bowsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm using the Official G6 app and what i'm a little disappointed about is you can only see the last 24 hours of Data, i haven't tried yet, but i'm assuming you can log onto the Dexcom site to see the rest of the information? but that is very inconvenient when you want to access your data.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I'm using the Official G6 app and what i'm a little disappointed about is you can only see the last 24 hours of Data, i haven't tried yet, but i'm assuming you can log onto the Dexcom site to see the rest of the information? but that is very inconvenient when you want to access your data.
yes you can, it is called Dexcom Clarity

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.

It's puzzling that it doesn't retain all the data it receives isn't it?

I also use an app by Sugarmate that gives slightly better analytics i.e. averages, median, estimated HbA1c and the like.

Anyone else have analytic app suggestions?

RMSko

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@Dillinger > @Gaz-M is right you can access it all through Dexcom Clarity it's a web app and it seems pretty useful lots of analysis on there.
Clarity is also an iOS app so i can easily also check it right on your phone. That said, I find Sugarmate better (although I find the sugarmate Apple Watch calendar complication useless since it is overwritten by other events).