Regular moderate exercise log

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I take my hat off to the powerlifters and strongmen out there, you've got dedication that I haven't got :)

Tuesday night back session for me, staying on the lighter side with pull downs, deadlifts, seated cable rows, shrugs and bent over rows, higher reps than usual with a lighter weight, felt ok so I'm easily pleased happy enough ;)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench press last night working to a programme so 105kg 5x3 and I was surprised at just how easyish it went, even the coach was impressed!!(must be doing something right at last!) so I have a revised programme starting next week to add more volume in to consolidate what I have been doing. finished off with bicep curls 60kg 3x8 (barbell curls).

Take care everyone.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yesterday's walking even shocked me. I was on a mission for my kids needs incase my op puts a block on school uniform and other necessities on hold.
Off and on rest inbetween about 5 miles worth of steps. I was out all day but god knows where I found the strength. It was for my kids.
Today in agony thou. Not the right way to do it. Had to get a taxi home otherwise I would have collapsed.
Out for school run but will be sitting to get breath back along the way.
Constant swollen tummy squashes my lungs. :(

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Shins protesting tonight due to physio prodding and poking rather than any strenuous effort. 15,130 steps of which 11,307 were aerobic. Longest walk was 40mins home from physio.

Reactions: DJC3 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back in the pool for me, but with the little un so not too strenuous, a few 4 length sets of breaststroke and a few more 2 length ones of crawl with 10 minutes treading water and playing 'tig'.

Reactions: DJC3

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Back in the pool for me, but with the little un so not too strenuous, a few 4 length sets of breaststroke and a few more 2 length ones of crawl with 10 minutes treading water and playing 'tig'.
I so miss the freedom of living in hotels and taking advantage of their pools. It seems sooo long ago now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back feeling sore today - either poor posture on the exercise bike or seeing the MRI images yesterday making me imagine problems. Managed 15K steps and 30 mins on exercise bike - adjustments make things more comfortable so things should get better.

Reactions: kev-w and Goonergal

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
14k steps today and no other exercise I’m afraid. I’m not sure why.

@ianpspurs I missed your post about your MRI but I gather nothing horrendous is amiss? What’s the next step for tou now? Did you ask about what types of exercise to do?

@Goonergal I hope the physio brings you some relief in the long run.

@ickihun have you got a date for your op yet?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
14k steps today and no other exercise I’m afraid. I’m not sure why.
@ianpspurs I missed your post about your MRI but I gather nothing horrendous is amiss? What’s the next step for tou now? Did you ask about what types of exercise to do?
@DJC3 14k steps is certainly not couch desiree level. The MRI showed very clearly a trapped nerve which is causing muscle wastage in lower legs - calf muscles and ankles. I can't stand on tiptoe. Solution maybe surgery but the doc I saw was not a surgeon. He would have referred me but we left it that if I decide I want to see % chances of improvement (or likely decline) I go see GP and get referred.
Exercise wise quite vague just no heavy weights.

Reactions: Japes and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A double header for me today, I swam for 29.37 and did 1150m breaststroke with one libre stop as I left it poolside with the pool empty and then next door to the gym for a light leg session, squats to 50kg x 15, lighter calf raises, leg extensions and curls, pleased with the new insulin so far :)

Reactions: Japes

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A paltry 3,604 steps today. Plans for a long early morning walk to an all day meeting got derailed. Maybe just as well as shins are still sore.

Reactions: kev-w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I hope you see the hoped for improvement and don’t have to resort to surgery. Fingers crossed for you

I spent the day standing in the kitchen doing a marathon cake baking session ( not for me - I didn’t lick a single bowl) so no formal exercise and just over 11,000 steps. Thankfully I went out for my dogless walk early before I got stuck into the baking, otherwise I wouldn’t even have done that.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am here to report I really don't need any Novorapid on a 13 miles walking day, even if I go completely mad and have a celebratory Greggs cheese and onion bake as well a Belgian bun for lunch half way round. I've spent most of the late afternoon/evening persuading my blood sugars to stay up. It seems they also like to go low and stay low in the heat.

And, the pre-bed check says "Just a smidgeon more carbs, please." :rolleyes:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing much exercise wise today just trying to do a few steps. Fitbit has me at 12k by bedtime so a basic ticking over. @Japes awesome walking effort take care.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Trained shoulders and triceps. Heavy side lat raises 40kg 3x10 (thought I had died!!) shoulder push press 120kg 3x10 (really thought I died) face pulls heavy, push downs 55kg 3x15 , close grip press 115kg 3x15 (not a good idea after Bench press) going to try and get in the gym on a Saturday morning due to working late tonight, I need to squat,

Take car everyone.

Reactions: Goonergal and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Trained shoulders and triceps. Heavy side lat raises 40kg 3x10 (thought I had died!!) shoulder push press 120kg 3x10 (really thought I died) face pulls heavy, push downs 55kg 3x15 , close grip press 115kg 3x15 (not a good idea after Bench press) .

40kg side raises is a right weight man! I died reading and thinking about it just then :p I'll be doing the same with the 15kg ones tomorrow....

I was pushed for time but managed 22 minutes swimming, 900metres, I sped up a bit with the short session looking to see if I can find what Tresiba doesn't like but it's a bit mad this, I'm only moving 2mmol max on a swim with no bad drops or rises so far and I'm both surprised and pleased with the results so far.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed 12k steps and 30 mins on static bike yesterday. According to bike that was best so far in terms of distance and average hr only 110 so obviously more to come. Since I'm doing this in large part to control bg and fbg of 5.5 means it was largely a complete waste of time and effort.:banghead:

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed 12k steps and 30 mins on static bike yesterday. According to bike that was best so far in terms of distance and average hr only 110 so obviously more to come. Since I'm doing this in large art to control bg and fbg of 5.5 means it was largely a complete waste of time and effort.:banghead:

It’s never a waste of time, definitely better than the alternative would be.
Keep at it.

M

Moggely

Just over 10,000 steps
Spent 40 mins dancing in the kitchen ( too much wine with dinner I think)
2 lots of 10-15 min strength/ cardio type exercises (squats leg lifts arm weights with tins of beans, which are no longer considered food so may as well be useful as gym tools)
Hi@DJC3 I have been miserable since i was diagnosed this year but that just made me lololol. Dancing in the kitchen after wine sounds like such fun. Most try it.

Reactions: DJC3