Type 1'stars R Us

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had to leave a message on diabetes nurse's number.
Can I suggest ringing back a few times! I always find it's worth mithering them when you need stuff doing as I usually find the telephone handlers to be a bit complacent if they're not tut tutting at your blood strip usage :p
Good luck and I hope you get sorted :)

K

Knikki

I ate and forgot to bolus this morning ***!!!! And I thought today was going to be a good day after my waking BG. Now sat on 17.8 with an upward facing arrow. BIG correction dose.....cmon Fiasp do your thing :)

Thought I had everything ticking over but nope just interecepted a 13.6 and up on the Etch A Sketch :bored: in with the Nova o_O see what happens next ~sigh~

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Only a non diabetic would think it acceptable to have no back up insulin pens. Ridiculous!

Reactions: Cumberland

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning,
yesterday I had too many hypos. SoI reduced the night time Levemir back down to 8, because the worst hypos seem to be around the time the night time dose, and day time dose, merged. It will work itself out eventually, and I will just have to do what it wants. I was going to write I'll sort it out, but that might I am under some kind of illusion that I have some control over the behaviour of these insulins.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Only a non diabetic would think it acceptable to have no back up insulin pens. Ridiculous!

Can you push for a telephone consultation earlier than next week? Tell the wretched receptionist that you’re housebound, take his or her name/keep ringing until you get a response/explain that if your one pen fails or breaks you’ll be in hospital again - keep on at them until they act!
A letter of complaint to the surgery and one to the hospital are called for too.
It’s unbelievable that they’ve treated you like this!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:) Living the dream today, no hypos or highs and my blood's dropped .5mmol before going back up .5mmol, that's all morning and running up and down ladders too, 50g peanuts for lunch so far debating a wholemeal bread and a tin of tuna in a minute as I would normally do to cover the afternoon basal drop .

I'm planning a swim later without child as a test run :) and see if this Tresiba likes the pool as much as me...

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Morning,
yesterday I had too many hypos. SoI reduced the night time Levemir back down to 8, because the worst hypos seem to be around the time the night time dose, and day time dose, merged. It will work itself out eventually, and I will just have to do what it wants. I was going to write I'll sort it out, but that might I am under some kind of illusion that I have some control over the behaviour of these insulins.

Bless you
Hypos are terrible things wishing you respite from them Alison and hope tweaking your insulin works for you

Reactions: Alison54321

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2 weeks ago, like clockwork my BG would rise from around 6 at 4 am through to 7am and then waking to a 10 sometimes 11. This went on for about 2 weeks. Dawn phenomenon

For past 4 days going to bed with a BG of around 5/6 and very little movement during the night, waking up at 3am still 5/6 and same again at 7 am. Still eating the same foods and same time, so frustrating.

The only change has been a small gin and tonic around 9 pm. So if the alcohol is helping my BG overnight, could I get this prescribed on NHS :)

Edited by mod for language

Last edited by a moderator:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Urgh! 15.6 before dinner so yet another correction dose with dinner. So much for my post this morning WINNER!!!!!
My etch-a-sketch looks like the Alps today. Ah well onwards and downwards (hopefully) with this correction dose

Last edited:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
2 weeks ago, like clockwork my BG would rise from around 6 at 4 am through to 7am and then waking to a 10 sometimes 11. This went on for about 2 weeks. Dawn phenomenon

For past 4 days going to bed with a BG of around 5/6 and very little movement during the night, waking up at 3am still 5/6 and same again at 7 am. Still eating the same foods and same time, so frustrating.

The only change has been a small gin and tonic around 9 pm. So if the alcohol is helping my BG overnight, could I get this prescribed on NHS :)

I may try the alcohol approach tonight :). May have to try a LARGE rum and sugar free coke. In fact I may try a few

Quoted content edited by Mod

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

My blood sugars do that. They follow a pattern, for a few weeks, as regular as anything, and then suddenly change, just at the point where I have worked out the pattern, and how to deal with it.

I think we must become experts at adapting to change.

Reactions: Cumberland

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgot to add, brekkie this morning was 2 poached eggs 2 slices of warburton seeded bread at 11.9 g per slice, so about 24 g of carbs

I am on a silly ratio of 1 unit if insulin to 4 g of carbs, so 6 units of Novo rapid at 7am By 10.30 sitting here with a BG of 11.1. and yet at 7 am it was 5.6
Don't you ever wonder what is the point GRRRRRRRRR

Reactions: Knikki