Off Days

Pauliegreg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone.

I have T2 diabetes but am insulin dependant, so I take a slew release insulin every evening and also a fast acting one before my meals as well as metformin.

I was just wondering if anyone else has off days. Just not feeling 100%. This morning my bg was in range, it was perfect, but I just feel so exhausted. I've noticed this happens maybe once a week, I just have to write the day off really. Does anyone else have days like this?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Macular1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cheerful people
You are not alone, I call them Diabetes days, you just feel washed out and tend to sleep most of the day. The following morning all back to normal.

Personally the frequency is about once a month but I've never been able to see any sort of pattern and it's definitely not related to sugar levels,

One theory I wonder about is it being related to some sort of minor infection which the body cures by resting.but I have nothing to support that notion. I can say that several other T2 friends have the same problem.

Reactions: Speedbird

Pauliegreg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are not alone, I call them Diabetes days, you just feel washed out and tend to sleep most of the day. The following morning all back to normal.

Personally the frequency is about once a month but I've never been able to see any sort of pattern and it's definitely not related to sugar levels,

One theory I wonder about is it being related to some sort of minor infection which the body cures by resting.but I have nothing to support that notion. I can say that several other T2 friends have the same problem.
Glad it's not just me I was beginning to think that it was all in my mind and I was just being lazy.

Before you have diabetes you don't realise all the side effects, you just think that you take your medication and that's it.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Every day is the same for me an off day so nothing to compare it with.

Birdwoman

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone.

I have T2 diabetes but am insulin dependant, so I take a slew release insulin every evening and also a fast acting one before my meals as well as metformin.

I was just wondering if anyone else has off days. Just not feeling 100%. This morning my bg was in range, it was perfect, but I just feel so exhausted. I've noticed this happens maybe once a week, I just have to write the day off really. Does anyone else have days like this?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

When you have these days is your BP low? A friend of mind has these days and it is always low BP's, so she just takes things slowly for the day.

Pauliegreg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When you have these days is your BP low? A friend of mind has these days and it is always low BP's, so she just takes things slowly for the day.
I've never thought of my blood pressure.
I'll have to get a monitor so I can check on it. Thanks

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've never thought of my blood pressure.
I'll have to get a monitor so I can check on it. Thanks
It would be great if it were something that had nothing to do with diabetes wouldn't it? Are you on any other medications that might be clashing with metformin? The latter does cause problems with B12 which is directly relevant to energy levels.