peri-menopause

lanzlady

Hi,
was wondering if any lady has started peri-menopause
if so what do they take for their hot flushes?

Type 2 D/E

Lanzlady

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I didnt take anything, it was kinda nice having my own central heating :lol:

Sue

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
My ex took Black Cohosh for it, seemed very effective. Made MY life much easier........for a while..... :wink:

anniep

I am not finding the hot flushes a problem actully, but I am getting terrible cold flushes, where nothing will warm me up.

I am also finding as my hormones wobble so is my BG control, I am usually not so well, controlled when I am pre-menstrual, but now find I am like that a lot of the time. MY BG's are also continually about 0.5 higher than before CHristmas no matter what I do. AND my weight loss has stopped and is even gaining, even though I am eating the same - OK only 3 or 4lb's but it is areally irritating.

Just when I had managed good control my body iteself throws a spanner in the works.............

Sometimes I feel like my body itself betrays me.

lanzlady

anniep said:
I am not finding the hot flushes a problem actully, but I am getting terrible cold flushes, where nothing will warm me up.

I am also finding as my hormones wobble so is my BG control, I am usually not so well, controlled when I am pre-menstrual, but now find I am like that a lot of the time. MY BG's are also continually about 0.5 higher than before CHristmas no matter what I do. AND my weight loss has stopped and is even gaining, even though I am eating the same - OK only 3 or 4lb's but it is areally irritating.

Just when I had managed good control my body iteself throws a spanner in the works.............

Sometimes I feel like my body itself betrays me.

Funny enough anniep I have put on 7lbs since last march and HbA1c has gone up from 6.5 to 7.2
I have not changed my eating habits and have walked every day something I didn't used to do I find it all so strange to the point it is very depressing.

lanzlady

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I avoided all hot flushes etc, though not intentionally, by having a Mirena coil fitted. It's loaded with progesterone and prevents heavy bleeds, among other things. It might be worth asking your HCP about progesterone therapy - though I can't say for definite it prevented hot flushes. It may be that I just didn't get any!

Viv :)

Clairslloyd

I also have a mirena coil and it is fab for stopping the bleeding but doesnt seem to have done anything for the hot flushes - can't even get my doc to admit that I am pre menopausal :cry: Will try the Black Cohosh and see if that works :)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Have you asked for the blood tests? Follicle Stimulating Hormone and something else that I can't remember exactly at the moment - Lutein(ising) Protein or something like that. They could easily add it on to your normal tests for HbA1c etc.

Viv :)