Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

I really like this thread, it is one of the reasons I joined, I like seeing other peoples numbers, I do honestly find it really interesting.

However I am not going to sit here and "wag my finger at your" because you are high or low, it is just the way this wonderful condition works, and I realised a long time ago we are all different and being on here simply proves that.

If I can impart some wisdom :rolleyes::hilarious: to help others than I shall try and I will always offer a shoulder to cry on if your numbers are getting you down. We have all been there but I will never criticise you for going up or down.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Yes, I relate the ride to Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyrie".

Back in the days when we had a very limited number of cassettes, bit of Wagner’s Ring Cycle was one of them. I used to find it calming, including Flight of the Valkyrie!

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning everyone and wishing you all a Happy Friday. 4.3 before bed, a little low for me so had a small amount of grapes, even though I was feeling a little nauseas. In bed I had a rough night, feeling very sick, dashed to bathroom at 2.15 am and nothing happened. then the dry heaving started, I was very sweaty and feeling so ill. It is getting me down, I have googled the symptoms and looking through them.
Take care

It’s not giving up without a fight, is it. I hope you soon begin to feel a bit better than you were last night!

K

Knikki

Anyway talking of numbers ~gets his competive head on :***:~

Last night was interesting I had pizza :woot: yes a Tesco one, so after the last one I had and the discussion on here about it I thought I would give soething that @porl69 had suggested. So blat some Nova in plus a bit extra for all that fat, cheese, crust, etc etc etc and then just before my beauty sleep slaped a little more in.

And guess what?

Flatish line all night almost in that little green band on the Etch A Sketch, with out having to shake it. Usual breakky and now just dropped below 4 which I did not expect. I am happy with that :angelic: , well for the moment and something spikes late morning.:bag:

(OK also went to the gym early evening which may also play a part)

@kev-w How is the Porridge Sarga's going or have you parked it now you have changed insulins?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Curry and rice for tea last night. Worked out 77grams of carb. Split dose 4 units before I ate and 4 units 2 hours later. 6.4 before food, 6.4 2 hours after and 6.3 3.1/2 hours later. Was pretty happy with that. Went to bed with a 6 and level. Woke this morning 18.3.......where did that come from???? And that wasn't testing the rum and diet coke theory either (thats tonite)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Anyway talking of numbers ~gets his competive head on :***:~

Last night was interesting I had pizza :woot: yes a Tesco one, so after the last one I had and the discussion on here about it I thought I would give soething that @porl69 had suggested. So blat some Nova in plus a bit extra for all that fat, cheese, crust, etc etc etc and then just before my beauty sleep slaped a little more in.

And guess what?

Flatish line all night almost in that little green band on the Etch A Sketch, with out having to shake it. Usual breakky and now just dropped below 4 which I did not expect. I am happy with that :angelic: , well for the moment and something spikes late morning.:bag:

(OK also went to the gym early evening which may also play a part)

@kev-w How is the Porridge Sarga's going or have you parked it now you have changed insulins?

Phew..... :) Glad I am of some assistance

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Robinredbreast, were your electrolytes tested before you were discharged?
Have you tried the rehydration sachets that can be bought off the counter at most pharmacies?
Years ago, a midwife working in W Africa told us that she treated small babies who’d had enteric distress with something she appetisingly called schlime, it’s the water in which the rice has been boiled, with added salt. We used it too for him indoors after a long bout of undiagnosed amoebic dysentery that had been erroneously treated by a galaxy of antibiotics: the flora and flora of his small intestine had been totally compromised. I don’t know if it’d work for you, you could rename it.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki Yeah the porridge :) I'm back on the original one as although I was getting better results at the end with Lantus this new stuff's(insulin) different and seems so far to take the old stuff(porridge) and so far I've not spiked from breakfast but dropped the first morning with the oat-bran, once I feel 'settled' I'm going to try jumbo oats :)

@porl69 I swear a lot when that happens when I wake, 'where did that come from' is a line I know so well too I'm afraid, onwards and downwards I hope :)

Edited to get stuffeds clarified :)

Last edited:
K

Knikki

Curry and rice for tea last night. Worked out 77grams of carb. Split dose 4 units before I ate and 4 units 2 hours later. 6.4 before food, 6.4 2 hours after and 6.3 3.1/2 hours later. Was pretty happy with that. Went to bed with a 6 and level. Woke this morning 18.3.......where did that come from???? And that wasn't testing the rum and diet coke theory either (thats tonite)

That sounds like my episode with curry the other day, the only thing I can think of is that the ingrdients have more fat or rice etc is broken down more slowly so by the time that hits the 4 units you took before bed will have worn off and have little if any effect?

I do find with curry, home made or takeaway that it can be anything up to 6 hours before you get the full hit of it, so wake up really high.

Have a HUG!

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning,

I experimented last night, and took the evening Levemir dose an hour earlier, in the hope that would reduce the breakfast time dip I've recently been having. Seems to have worked, so far. That felt weird, so I've had to rename it the evening dose, not the nighttime dose. :)

It's much easier to do these little fine tuning things with Freestyle Libre.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
That sounds like my episode with curry the other day, the only thing I can think of is that the ingrdients have more fat or rice etc is broken down more slowly so by the time that hits the 4 units you took before bed will have worn off and have little if any effect?

I do find with curry, home made or takeaway that it can be anything up to 6 hours before you get the full hit of it, so wake up really high.

Have a HUG!

Yeah totally agree with you. I LURVE curry as well. May be a split/split/split bolus next time lol. Down to a steady 9.9 at the moment,,,,,little downward tren arrow showing
HUG received with thanks :D

@kev-w so Tresiba is working out ok at the mo? And, yeay, I swear a lot AT the Libre sensor and my phone when I scan

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning everyone and wishing you all a Happy Friday. 4.3 before bed, a little low for me so had a small amount of grapes, even though I was feeling a little nauseas. In bed I had a rough night, feeling very sick, dashed to bathroom at 2.15 am and nothing happened. then the dry heaving started, I was very sweaty and feeling so ill. It is getting me down, I have googled the symptoms and looking through them.
Take care

Hope your feeling better now @Robinredbreast. I never Google what symptoms I have when ill it tends to make me worst thinking I have some incurable disease........wait a minute I HAVE!....DIABETES :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Can I just say a big thanks to all the posters on this discussion for their helpfulness and honesty. I think I was getting a wee bit worked up reading other threads where many folks seemed to have almost perfect BG all day and all night.

On here however many folks seem to have up and downs on a regular basis despite putting in a lot of effort. I have probably only taken my diabetes "seriously" for past year or so, despite having it for 37 years.

I do find it frustrating that I am putting in lots of effort, weighing food, reading carbs info on packaging, eating better, making adjustments, constantly, and yet my Libre graph can look like a map of Swiss Alps.

Today, 5.6 at 7 am, 11.4 by 10.30, 8.9 by 1pm and then on s steady decline until 6.00 when I had a 3.9. Soo a wee sugar boost to get me back up so doubt back to double figures by bedtime.

So thanks to all on here for your advice and reassurances that I seem to be "normalish"

Nomalish :) After reading some of the posts on here I realize I am for from normal. Everyone tells me that anyway lol.
I have only really been looking after myself for the past 3-4 years after being T1D for 46 years! Its good to see the trials and tribulations that we all go thru on a daily basis. And can be somewhere to vent frustrations every now and again. Also knowing no one is going to judge you either

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kev-w
IMG_1532082240.365070.jpg

Just the 1 unit afterwards.

Re posting numbers. It’s been the best thing about this thread. Finding out everyone else’s are as balmy as mine. And as I said before even on the days when I low carb ( definitely not all the time) there will still be curve balls thrown to a type 1 or anyone on insulin that we are not in control of. We can but do our best.

Last edited:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well after my slightly low 3.9 at dinner last night a wee sugar boost to get me back up I had a 6.8 going to bed Wu hu. Overnight though not so good 10.8 about 3am and finally 13.4 at 7am this morning

back to yogurt and fruit this morning and a correct dose. Not made any real difference really, should be at around 6.5, but sitting here at 9.7

back to drawing board

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@kev-wView attachment 27663
Just the 1 unit afterwards.

Re posting numbers. It’s been the best thing about this thread. Finding out everyone else’s are as balmy as mine. And as I said before even on the days when I low carb ( definitely not all the time) there will still be curve balls thrown to a type 1 or anyone on insulin that we are not in control of. We can but do our best.
WOW thats makes me tired just reading it :)
Gotta ask......what is 15mins of fingertime???????? ;) AND should it be posted on here????? lol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hope your feeling better now @Robinredbreast. I never Google what symptoms I have when ill it tends to make me worst thinking I have some incurable disease........wait a minute I HAVE!....DIABETES :)

Thank you @porl69
1) I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment, and
2) I don't think there is much worse that I I could find that I have just been through.

Found something that is more common in children, but adults can get it too. So I will see how the weekend goes and if it keeps happening I will have to phone Gp :rolleyes:I very rarely get anything like the common cold, but .............if it's unusual or rare or at death's door, It's me that get it :wideyed: This has happened time and again. I am also keeping notes of the day's and time's of the symptoms.