Freestyle Libre reader vs Glimp app

tsouza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just felt compelled to share... Been using the Freestyle libre now for about 3 months and find it a great piece of kit especially been able to scan the sensor to see trends and impending Hypos etc. My only issue is that the readings can differ from the actual BS readings between .5 and 2 mmols and the information from the reader is restricted to show data on the graph in 2 hr intervals. By chance I discovered an app called Glimp which can be used either instead of or along side the Libre reader. The difference I have found, however, are unbelievable!!. Firstly, I have read that the app can still obtain data from the sensor for a number of weeks after the 14 day limit! The app also seems to be more in line with actual BS readings examples are as follows

BS reading........ Libre Reader........ Glimp app
7.5....................... 8.7 ....................... 7.4
7.5....................... 8.5........................ 7.8
7.4 ...................... 9.1........................ 8.2
7.6 ...................... 9.3........................ 8.3
7.5....................... 8.6........................ 7.4
4.5....................... 4.9........................ 4.4
8.6 ...................... 9.7........................ 7.9
Secondly. As I am going to officially be pumping on the 28th of this month I was planning to use the info from the libre reader to help me with a starting point for insulin adjustments however as the info on the reader shows the graph plotted over 2 hour periods I would need to estimate an approximate time my blood sugars changed... however, with the glimp app you can scroll along the graph line which shows the exact time of changes which for me will be much better for example last night my readings were stable until 12:07 then dropped until 01:52 dropping by 1.8 mmol then remained stable until 03:39 then began to raise! Another great feature is that there is also a CGM function which will set of an alarm if you go outside your pre set range (which I am eager to try out) only thing with this is that you need to ensure your phone is attached to the sensor. And finally what I am impressed with is that you can also input your actual BS readings and the app will calibrate the data. Overall I am really impressed as not only will I save money but also get more accurate readings!! :) Have only been using the app for 1 day along side the Libre reader but so far ... wow!!!... Has anyone else used this app? if so would be interested how you have found it and if the CGM function works as well as hoped :)

@CHERYAA Glimp can read Libre sensor directly, or does it need BluCon or MisoMiao Add-ons?

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
A bit of a read with nfc in the phone glimp can read the sensors.
I've been using glimp for 2 years its been good...

The Miaomiao and bluecon makes glimp into proper COM.

Any phone with Bluetooth would pair up with them..

I've just added the Miaomiao to mine im still getting the settings right (glimp polls it when it wants a reading).

Its the blood corrections that make it better.

RSIGRIST

Here is the type of App that I think would work well.

Simple Screen with only three type of inputs.

Glucose Reading, Insulin, and food.

The Glucose Reading would presumably have a Date and Time and come from the Sensor.
The input fields for Insulin would be simply how many units of one or more type (types stored with default)
The food entry would be a drop down list of things you normally eat.
At breakfast time, the list might by cereals, eggs/meat/potato, Waffle, pancakes etc.
Lunch would be a list of your favorites in order of must likely usage.
Dinner, the same.

A chart could be drawn with the sensor readings, and possibly smoothed.
On the chart it would show a dot where insulin was taken, and another dot where food was consumed.
Touch the dot and it would show the details.

For those that would like a much simpler process and typically each the same type of food, this would make the analysis a bit clearer. Why over complicate the process?

Richard.