Hitting The Target

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
So I finally broke through my 1st weight target today . From almost 19 stone in Feb to 15:6 today next target will be 14:10 . My last HbA1c was 42 next one in August , hoping to be around 38 . It’s been not to bad , the LCHF diet really suits me I love all the stuff you can eat . Still miss the pasta spuds and rice but that’s life . So glad I found this forum coz if I’d listened to DESMOND I’d be in a world of pain right now . Just wish the NHS would spread the low carb message across the country . But that’s out of my control , I’ll just tell anyone who will listen about this fabulous new lifestyle . I’m 59 and haven’t felt this good since I was in my 30s . Thank you all

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That is a fabulous result, well done Peadair! Looking forward to seeing your first non Diabetic numbers next time around, keep up the great work.

Reactions: Prem51

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for the replies fellow diabetees. If the wild arthritis in my knees would get a bit better I could start some exercising . But maybe lose a bit more weight it will be easier. Again thanks for the support yiz are all great . Good luck to ye all in yer daily challenges

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the replies fellow diabetees. If the wild arthritis in my knees would get a bit better I could start some exercising . But maybe lose a bit more weight it will be easier. Again thanks for the support yiz are all great . Good luck to ye all in yer daily challenges

Very well done on reaching your target Peadair. You must feel a real sense of achievement.

As a matter of interest, was there a significance in your achieved target and the next one?

Lots of folks find the inflamation in their joints eases rather a lot when they've got themselves into a good place, with their diabetes, including @Rachox if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lots of folks find the inflamation in their joints eases rather a lot when they've got themselves into a good place, with their diabetes, including @Rachox if I recall correctly.

Indeed, yes all my arthritic joints have benefitted, not just the weight bearing hips and feet (strangely my knees haven’t been affected by arthritis so far, fingers crossed), but my neck and fingers are better too which makes me think it’s more than just the lose of weight, but some anti inflammatory effect of low carbing too.
Very well done on reaching your next personal target @Peadair O Brionn, I have my weight loss broken down into smaller targets too, it makes it all seem so much more achievable.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yup, me too. Although I do not suffer with any more than a touch of arthritis my overall pain levels have improved. It took a good few months before I noticed a difference but any lessening of pain is worth the changes to lifestyle that I have made and (so far) am sticking to.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing achievement @Peadair O Brionn well done. I found most things improved as I lost significant weight and lowered the bgs. Excellent work you’re well on your way - enjoy feeling younger !

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yup I set my first goal at 15:7 as that seemed a reasonable place to be after say 6 months but it happens a bit quicker . So now I’m gonna break it down into 7 or 8 pound targets tryin to get down to about 13:7 to 14 stone . But I’ve given myself another year to 18 months for that . The arthritis is a result of working on building sites for the last 42 years but there ya go I’ll kerp yiz informed on the next blood test

fantastic9888

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
So I finally broke through my 1st weight target today . From almost 19 stone in Feb to 15:6 today next target will be 14:10 . My last HbA1c was 42 next one in August , hoping to be around 38 . It’s been not to bad , the LCHF diet really suits me I love all the stuff you can eat . Still miss the pasta spuds and rice but that’s life . So glad I found this forum coz if I’d listened to DESMOND I’d be in a world of pain right now . Just wish the NHS would spread the low carb message across the country . But that’s out of my control , I’ll just tell anyone who will listen about this fabulous new lifestyle . I’m 59 and haven’t felt this good since I was in my 30s . Thank you all
Hi peadar. My name is kevin and I'm an insulin dependent diabetic from galway ireland. I inject humalog mix 25 daily. Problem I have these days is that my glucose levels before teatime are very good but then I'm afraid to inject as I usually go out after tea for a good walk. So if I injected I'd be afraid levelwlevels would reduce too quickly. But levels can be high when I return ftom walk and at that stage I dont want to inject too much insulin as sugar levels may plummet.so I'm going to inject 10 or 12 units. Its all a bit bizarre.sometimes if I'm doing well with diabetes its then ive got to be careful.by the way I suffered 2 hypos last week as I injected too much insulin. Wint be doing that again.I'd prefer levels up a bit than a hypo. Hope some of this makes se.se and thanks for eeading it. Glad youre doing well. I'm 15 years diabetic. Cheers kevin

Reactions: Prem51 and kitedoc

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I’m 59 and haven’t felt this good since I was in my 30s .

Well done. I've avoided pasta, rice and potato for 4 or 5 years now and don't really miss them. Bread is more of a problem and I restrict myself to 2 small slices of toast on Sundays . . . . . and pay the consequence of elevated BG for a couple of hours. I'm still working on being a saint. Keep up the good work.

M

Moggely

That's an amazing amount of weight you have lost in such a short time and so very inspiring, hope the arthritis goes away for good in the future. Good luck.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Peadair specially since you do such a heavy job. How on earth you are coping in this heatwave I just dont know. Great this low carbing.

rosco 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
May I offer my congratulations, it’s a really great achievement to hit a tough target...you should be proud of yourself. It really does motivate you to look towards the next target. It may well be that as the weight comes off that your knees may well begin to function better. Look after yourself.

Reactions: zand

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well done Peadair specially since you do such a heavy job. How on earth you are coping in this heatwave I just dont know. Great this low carbing.
The heat is killing me .. Even my teeth are sweating..

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi peadar. My name is kevin and I'm an insulin dependent diabetic from galway ireland. I inject humalog mix 25 daily. Problem I have these days is that my glucose levels before teatime are very good but then I'm afraid to inject as I usually go out after tea for a good walk. So if I injected I'd be afraid levelwlevels would reduce too quickly. But levels can be high when I return ftom walk and at that stage I dont want to inject too much insulin as sugar levels may plummet.so I'm going to inject 10 or 12 units. Its all a bit bizarre.sometimes if I'm doing well with diabetes its then ive got to be careful.by the way I suffered 2 hypos last week as I injected too much insulin. Wint be doing that again.I'd prefer levels up a bit than a hypo. Hope some of this makes se.se and thanks for eeading it. Glad youre doing well. I'm 15 years diabetic. Cheers kevin
Hiya Kevin
I don’t understand the insulin side of things . I am so lucky to not have to take it . But you seem to have a handle on it give up the bread bud I even stopped the low carb bread . I do miss it the most but the rest is a lot easier